• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson will never leave WF

A Grobe Story. Years ago I was checking in to a Marriott Courtyard in Tampa. Right behind me was Coach Grobe and an assistant. We ended up going to dinner together. He said he was in Florida to find some db's cuz the ones he has can't cover anybody. So fast forward. Clawson has talked about the same thing for years. Athletes, depth, get them ready, injuries. I always think about that day.

Did he treat you to Waffle House?

Feel a little better about him staying after today's performance.

Or maybe he leaves because he realizes he can never get the athletes to compete with a team like Clemson.

Could definitely happen. Having a competent D coordinator can help minimize that talent gap enough to give you a shot.

Or maybe he leaves because he realizes he can never get the athletes to compete with a team like Clemson.
This is where I'm at right now. What a total shitting of the bed. It's basically like the UNC game was an omen that we paid zero heed to. Clawson is not a good HC if he doesn't get rid of Hemphill ex post hate.

I think this team pretty much achieved it's potential, except , of course defense. I was nervous about today's games knowing Clemson's talent. IMHO, the game showed what we need to do to compete with the big dogs. We obviously need to be bigger and stronger. Their superior physicality was obvious on both the OL and DL. Their skill players are also very physical. It will be hard but if anyone can do it I think it will be Clawson. Agree, we need changes on defense.

Don’t entirely disagree but they hadn’t lost in Death Valley since 2016 and haven’t lost many games period last few years. I think in general the Clemson sucks narrative was overblown - they’ve lost to 2 ranked teams on the road and at a neutral site against the best team in the country. The Clemson sucks narrative in the media was just another way to bash ACC and say conference is down. Much like game in CH- you can’t turn it over on the road in tough environment against talented team and win most of the time. I think Jurgens being out was bigger than we thought. Did we win if he’s in? Probably not but it would have been closer. Much like CH- I just don’t want us hungover next week. It’s a kitchen sink game.

This is where I'm at right now. What a total shitting of the bed. It's basically like the UNC game was an omen that we paid zero heed to. Clawson is not a good HC if he doesn't get rid of Hemphill ex post hate.

Those who did pay heed to the UNC game were dissed by this board for doing so.
Clemson game met my expectations, which were that it would be a shootout or Wake was in serious trouble.
It wasn’t a shootout.

I think this team pretty much achieved it's potential, except , of course defense. I was nervous about today's games knowing Clemson's talent. IMHO, the game showed what we need to do to compete with the big dogs. We obviously need to be bigger and stronger. Their superior physicality was obvious on both the OL and DL. Their skill players are also very physical. It will be hard but if anyone can do it I think it will be Clawson. Agree, we need changes on defense.

Get 50 4 and 5 star guys on the roster, got it.

https://godeacs.com/news/2022/3/28/...n-give-250-000-to-endow-scholarship-fund.aspx

Dave and Catherine Clawson will make it possible for even more students to benefit from the transformational opportunity to attend Wake Forest University with a $250,000 gift to create a new scholarship. The donation endows the Dave and Catherine Clawson Scholarship to benefit any undergraduate student with a preference for those who help Wake Forest achieve and sustain the diversity of the student body, first-generation students, and students from the Piedmont Triad.

That is great to see.

I would guess that others are welcome to contribute to that, just like to other endowed scholarships.

That is great to see.

I would guess that others are welcome to contribute to that, just like to other endowed scholarships.

Probably. But why not just use your own $250,000 to start your own scholarship instead of piggybacking off Clawson?

LOL.

Back