• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tapatalk not showing embedded tweets

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
The last 24 hours I’m noticing that embedded tweets don’t load, it just shows like this:

87bebff11067a4f044cf940c3ec16ab0.jpg

Tapping the link doesn’t go to the page on Twitter, it’s just a weird non-webpage. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yah, that's just due to how tapatalk chooses to parse the content. Not really in our control. I just do "More -> Web View" on those posts to see them real fast usually.

huh, weird. They loaded fine in tapatalk until the last day or so I wasn't sure if something had changed on our end or their end.

This development is really annoying and cannot possibly be how it is intended to work when it was previously viewable and could let you click away to Twitter. I just assumed I needed to take updated version of Tapatalk and finally updated only to see same issues and find this thread.

This development is really annoying and cannot possibly be how it is intended to work when it was previously viewable and could let you click away to Twitter. I just assumed I needed to take updated version of Tapatalk and finally updated only to see same issues and find this thread.

I mean, I doubt Tapatalk truly cares since they really want us to sign up for using them exclusively as the boards software/host (aka no actual web view anymore) and that's the product they seem to be pushing most these days.

On another forum I post on that has a Tapatalk integration it recently broke all their Twitter embedding as well (just shows a link to the tweet now), as well as giphy and Reddit, and their core boards software has all that stuff built in so it's not even an add-on like ours is with Twitter. It's definitely some decision or issue that Tapa is having, and I don't know if it's intentional to try and drive people towards their solution or not tbqh.

Weird part is when you can see one that has worked previously right next to one that’s not working now

11ea86a59f1b3073e0dff3827d480cd6.jpg

Last edited:
Back