• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 5: Kennesaw State Owls - Tuesday 8 pm - ACCN

Some nice stats here. 56/45/75 for the game. 7 different players hit a 3. The only one with an off night was Williamson at 1-7.

Williams with 14/7/4 all in the 2nd half.

LaRavia with 19/7/6 and 2 stls.

Hildreth with 11/3/4 on 3-3 fg, 1-1 3pt, 4-4 ft. From following his play and stats for Surrey, I wasn't expecting him to be this efficient this early. He's shooting 68/50/80 on the season.

Yeah. This team is extremely unselfish. LaRavia (6 asts), Williams (4), and Hildreth (4) are the most aggressive scorers and they led the team in assists.

We look good. It’s a little hard to tell because of the level of competition, but I think we’re going to be a solid team. I really like how Williams, Williamson, Laravia, and Hildreth play. It’s really encouraging that Forbes was able to put this type of team together in year two.

Mostly good things to say about this win, but we continue to be sloppy with the ball.

Why didn't Marsh get put in so late in the game? I want to see more of his game. I know what Walton and Sy can bring and what they lack. More Marsh please, especially against a scrub team. He needs the experience.

Cam continues to impress. Alondes playing great and really provides a spark every time he's out there. Nice to see Mucius involved early. LaRavia one of those guys who seemingly disappears for minutes at a time and next thing you know he has 15 points. Williamson is clearly the best PG out there-- Whitt will be a solid contributor in year 3, I think, but not this year unless something clicks. It's important to realize he's still really just the age of a freshman.

Mostly good things to say about this win, but we continue to be sloppy with the ball.

Why didn't Marsh get put in so late in the game? I want to see more of his game. I know what Walton and Sy can bring and what they lack. More Marsh please, especially against a scrub team. He needs the experience.

Cam continues to impress. Alondes playing great and really provides a spark every time he's out there. Nice to see Mucius involved early. LaRavia one of those guys who seemingly disappears for minutes at a time and next thing you know he has 15 points. Williamson is clearly the best PG out there-- Whitt will be a solid contributor in year 3, I think, but not this year unless something clicks. It's important to realize he's still really just the age of a freshman.

Part of the sloppiness is ALWAYS looking to push tempo, no matter who boards it.
I was sitting right behind the bench and believe Forbes wanted to get more Marsh time but we hadn’t separated quite enough at the 10 min mark. I truly think we will see shorter sub spurts in FL with back to back games. Hope we can drill OSU early so our bench gets lots of mins.

That was a blast. Joel looked great, really like the changes now that Wake owns it. Wife and baby had a great time playing with each other and I thoroughly enjoyed a fun wake team.
Oh, and Deacon brew kinda sucks.

ManMan is the most fun player we’ve had to watch since John Collins. LaRavia is legit too.

why did he leave OU?

I know things will regress to the mean a bit, but his rate stats his first two years were not good -- great eye by the coaching staff

That was a blast. Joel looked great, really like the changes now that Wake owns it. Wife and baby had a great time playing with each other and I thoroughly enjoyed a fun wake team.
Oh, and Deacon brew kinda sucks.

Decent draft, bad in a can.

I just like that we're doing what you'd expect an ACC team to do against teams like Kennesaw State.

How many ACC teams have lost these games this year, and how many times did Manning lose them?
Being 5-0 is not something that would have happened with our last coach.

Agree on all fronts. I think we’ll run in transition less against better opposition and have less turnovers due to that. Marsh is still probably building up fitness after being out. I’m sure he’ll play a bigger role over the weekend.

So, my buddies an I have been trying to figure out Alondes’ game and who he reminds us of. Can’t take credit for this, but one of my guys nailed it—he is Teen Wolf. Smooth in the lane, sees the passing lanes, can shoot the J, rips the rim off the backboard, and wears that sweet headband.

This team is the most talented since Dino. It may be enough to reel me back in.. It's been so long..

My message to the thousands of fans we have in your position, is get on board now. Watch this team and program bring us back to the spotlight, because it’s already happening. We need our fans to get to the Joel and support the players!

We look fantastic on both sides of the ball. I love the number of deflections on defense. We just buried them in a few spurts tonight when a handful of those turned into consecutive steals and run outs.

And love Alondes. It’s too bad we only get one year of him because he is a lot of fun — telling myself now to enjoy him this year.

Quickly up to #94 in Kenpom — and judging by some of our better recent past years where we weren’t any good and finished about +7 points per 100 possessions better than the average college team, this team looks A LOT better. Thinking that metric goes to +13 to +16, which would put us somewhere in the 35-55 range as the season progresses (40-45 is usually a decent line for who makes the tournament as an at large).

So I’m in, full on getting my hopes up.

Alondes is a gamer.

Curious if there's anybody out there still defending Manning. Forbes has done some work in his ~19 months here.

Back