• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Wake is #19 in the latest RPI, with 6 Quadrant 2 wins, and 2 in Quadrant 4. Only FSU is ahead of us in the ACC at #4.

NCSU on the flipside is #61, due to a #185 SOS at the moment.

No scheduling favors as there are 2 mid-week games (Coastal, George Mason) prior to FSU series.
Should be able to run #3 pitcher tuesday and sunday. 4 days rest. Only 2 games prior weekend.

replay in baseball is truly awful

going with bennett in center and chris katz in right against elon -- they are starting a lefty which might be part of it (hawke is a lefty batter)

Last edited:
(no data) but feels like our bats are more consistent this year than in the past, even when we’ve had great offenses, which might come what also feels like a better approach.

Pitching depth looks so much better this year too

I know it's early, but the way the offense is raking gives me hope that we're really never out of a game.

That being said, much tougher opposition ahead.

5th game in 6 days and we combined on a 2 hitter.

We lost so much power last year too. Hard to believe how well these guys are hitting the ball.

I love the contributions up and down the lineup. Last year it was like watching a bad Home Run Derby. Wake has guys who can hit it out of the park but their approach seems better, especially since many of those flyballs are outs on the road.

Back