• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Damn Holes were literally an out away against FSU in game 1 their final series and not making the ACC tournament; HR and a sweep which led to the ACC championship and now hosting a Super Regional. ARK wins game 1 and up 2-0 and threatening in game 2 and UNC gets get out of it with a double play; next inning the Holes score 2 w/o getting it out of the infield and now tied. Expect them to win this one and again tomorrow to advance to the CWS after almost not making the ACC tournament. As we often say, winners expect to win and find a way to win, while it seems Wake still hasn't figured that out, and not just in baseball.

Damn Holes were literally an out away against FSU in game 1 their final series and not making the ACC tournament; HR and a sweep which led to the ACC championship and now hosting a Super Regional. ARK wins game 1 and up 2-0 and threatening in game 2 and UNC gets get out of it with a double play; next inning the Holes score 2 w/o getting it out of the infield and now tied. Expect them to win this one and again tomorrow to advance to the CWS after almost not making the ACC tournament. As we often say, winners expect to win and find a way to win, while it seems Wake still hasn't figured that out, and not just in baseball.

Well they just lost.

ECU is just now resuming their game which is in the top of the 1st. Gonna be a late, rowdy night in Greenville.

bennett lee freshman all-American catcher transferring in from tulane.

neat. he struggled this past year with the bat, but according to twitter he's good behind the plate. fills probably the biggest hole in our lineup. biggest question mark now is probably who our second middle infielder is if bennett goes pro.

neat. he struggled this past year with the bat, but according to twitter he's good behind the plate. fills probably the biggest hole in our lineup. biggest question mark now is probably who our second middle infielder is if bennett goes pro.

Would say the Deacon bullpen is the biggest question mark. FWIW, there are a ton of Deacs in the Cape League, McGraw will pitch for Brewster. Wilken, Kurtz and Corona are all playing for Harwich. Here is the link the Cape League website: https://www.capecodbaseball.org/teams/ccbl/

Last edited:
Would say the Deacon bullpen is the biggest question mark. FWIW, there are a ton of Deacs in the Cape League, McGraw will pitch for Brewster. Wilken, Kurtz and Corona are all playing for Harwich. Here is the link the Cape League website: https://www.capecodbaseball.org/teams/ccbl/

I'll second this. After watching Wake struggle to get outs and giving up lots of walks during the regional games. That was a brutal 6 run inning against Maryland. Walks. HBP. More walks. A hit. Seemed like nobody on Wake's staff could throw rwo consecutive strikes. Or even three out of 6 pitches.

I really wondered how long it would take you to respond. Did you know that out of the past six times the CWS was populated by four teams from a single conference, that conference was the SEC ?

Did anyone care when the SEC crashed and burned in the NCAA basketball tournament?

Were WF fans posting here about how awesome it was that ACC 4th place Miami took down SEC Champ Auburn or that Notre Dame blew out Bama or Duke eliminated SEC final survivor Arkansas? Were WF fans chanting ACC ACC when three of the five ACC teams with bids went to the Elite 8?

IIRC, Biff is UGA fan. How did UGA do in the NCAA Baseball Tournament? Guess you are now adopting Ole Miss and Arkansas as your schools of choice now or perhaps OU and Texas even though they aren't in the SEC....

Did anyone care when the SEC crashed and burned in the NCAA basketball tournament?

Were WF fans posting here about how awesome it was that ACC 4th place Miami took down SEC Champ Auburn or that Notre Dame blew out Bama or Duke eliminated SEC final survivor Arkansas? Were WF fans chanting ACC ACC when three of the five ACC teams with bids went to the Elite 8?

Yes. Yes we were.

I really wondered how long it would take you to respond. Did you know that out of the past six times the CWS was populated by four teams from a single conference, that conference was the SEC ?

I did not know that and I bet most other didn’t either since about 8 people care about college baseball (yes I’m one of them). Again, you have never answered why the hell you post here so much?

I did not know that and I bet most other didn’t either since about 8 people care about college baseball (yes I’m one of them). Again, you have never answered why the hell you post here so much?

My guess: Biff's loathing of Tech since childhood is so acute that it can't help but spill over as distaste for the rest of the ACC, including his alma mater.

Sad.

GT seems like a weird school to hate. It's unquestionably a great school, decent sports, seem to be clean programs. A good member of the ACC and not one that inspires hate.

6 of the 8 are current or incoming SEC members.

I enjoyed watching Notre Dame play - impressive in that environment (meaning I saw a Vols fan get up and run down behind home plate and yell "that's a ball" at one point).

Yell as in tone is only someone from the South would understand as "now I'm moonshine drunk pissed".

Last edited:
Back