• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

#8 NC State got swept by Northeastern at home. Another great example of how anything can happen in baseball and why it’s so big that we’ve yet to drop a game because we’ll definitely lose some and definitely lose some that, on paper, we shouldn’t lose.

That's after State lost to Campbell last week.

They are 7-5 but have lost 4 straight.

looks like they just got swept by unc on the road in a tight series, including losing two on walk-offs (one in extras). hopefully their pitchers are tired and generally demoralized. i think i heard we'll start mcgraw and stack mascolo which should be a big advantage vs their midweek starter

somehow we still aren't ranked, but I'm totally cool with that.

FSU is top 10 with 4 losses already and State remains ranked with 4 losses too.

Warren Nolan's D1 baseball rankings are now up. WF is #28 in RPI, #32 in ELO and WF's current strength of schedule is #164. The ACC is the #2 conference.

There are 301 D1 baseball teams. 5 undefeateds are left:

UVA
Clemson
WF
Purdue
Tennessee Tech

WF plays at Coastal on Tuesday. Coastal was just swept at UNC. That said, Coastal is 7-1 at home. They are rated #51 in RPI.

WF's Wednesday opponent George Mason is 5-6, but they do have a win over BC. They are rated #140 in RPI.

WF hosts FSU this weekend. The Noles are 7-4, and they just took 2 out of 3 from Cal. FSU is rated #11 in RPI; FSU has the #3 strength of schedule.

Here is the link to Warren Nolan's baseball ratings: https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2022/rpi-live

Deacs up a spot to #26 in the coaches poll.

I know it doesn't matter, but how in the world Merrimack is still receiving votes at 2-6, with two wins over winless St. Bonnies, and being outscored 70-12 against Texas Tech over the weekend is beyond me. If you aren't paying attention to results, or your buddy coaches for Merrimack you probably shouldn't be voting.

Big game today. Wish I could watch but I have no reason to pay for ESPN+.

LHP Soph Teddy McGraw starts for WF. He has started twice for WF in wins over VCU and NJIT. He gave up a total of 8 runs (5 earned) in those two starts. Riley Eikhoff starts for Coastal. Eikhoff has pitched 9 innings this year and has given up 12 hits and 4 runs. WF has lost 7 straight to Coastal Carolina.

Big game today. Wish I could watch but I have no reason to pay for ESPN+.

Thanks for bringing this up - I checked the schedule earlier this week and it appeared there wouldn't be a TV option. I'd much rather watch our Deacs than State-Clemson in Brooklyn.

I got ESPN+ with the Hulu/Disney bundle (our kids get insane usage out of Disney+), and I'm at the point where I consider it indispensable. I watch something on it every day. The fact that most Wake baseball games are aired there is icing on the cake for me.

Don’t know if it’s all AmEx cards or just certain ones or just a targeted offer, but I got an AmEx offer for 6 months free Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ a few days ago - $13.95 statement credit per month through August. I pulled the trigger for Atlanta United games (mostly on Bally, but ESPN+ has all of the non nationally televised out of market games, so can get with a VPN). The college baseball is an added bonus.

This inning is more like the Wake baseball we have come to know.

2 hit batters and a throwing error.

Thanks for bringing this up - I checked the schedule earlier this week and it appeared there wouldn't be a TV option. I'd much rather watch our Deacs than State-Clemson in Brooklyn.

I got ESPN+ with the Hulu/Disney bundle (our kids get insane usage out of Disney+), and I'm at the point where I consider it indispensable. I watch something on it every day. The fact that most Wake baseball games are aired there is icing on the cake for me.

To be clear though, the Wake baseball games are ACCNX which you don’t need ESPN+ to watch. This one is on ESPN+ alone because it’s at Coastal.

And a HBP (3rd in 3 innings) scores a run....back to old Wake baseball....

so far 3 HBP, a wild pitch. a BB, and a fielding error...

not even through 3 innings yet. Cool!

Back