• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

As one of the few who seriously follow Wake baseball, I'm excited but have zero expectations. I'm hoping for better fundamental baseball with fewer Ks. There is not as much power in the lineup but maybe we learn how to advance runners, run the bases, and make productive outs. Who knows. Go Deacs!!

Same. After last year's debacle, I just want to make the ACC tournament.

We will never get anywhere, and never DESERVE to get anywhere, until we put some goddamn dirt back on the field. WTF. Turf/synthetic grass, whatever, I've come to accept that. But no DIRT??? Nah, man, that's fucked up. That's a step too far. Unacceptable.
Raise some more money for some dirt and you'll have my attention rather than some coordinated PR offensive for some dorky pitching lab.

Dirt is fundamental to baseball. If your uniform isn't dirty you haven't put in enough effort.

No dirt has angered the baseball gods. No dirt...no fundamentals. Result...too many walks, too many errors, too many strikeouts, too many bonehead plays. Bad, bad mojo.

I looked away for about 10 minutes and it went from 1-0 to 11-0.

Surely 24 runs in 2 straight innings is some type of record. Pulling out the fireworks early boys!

They stopped the game after the 7th. Don’t see that happen much. That’s really bad at the college level.

We will never get anywhere, and never DESERVE to get anywhere, until we put some goddamn dirt back on the field. WTF. Turf/synthetic grass, whatever, I've come to accept that. But no DIRT??? Nah, man, that's fucked up. That's a step too far. Unacceptable.
Raise some more money for some dirt and you'll have my attention rather than some coordinated PR offensive for some dorky pitching lab.

Not sure if serious but I laughed. Quality user name. Gotta admit, I’m not a fan of the brown turf batters box or base paths either.

Do we really play like 5 games against NJIT next weekend?

Nevermind. I guess it’s 4. Would rather play a real school.

According to the official game story from the school, both teams mutually agreed to end the game after seven. I don’t think it made clear whether that was a decision made before the game or during.

NJIT won a game in the NCAA tournament last year. Not playing Pitt or VT our schedule is plenty tough as is.

According to the official game story from the school, both teams mutually agreed to end the game after seven. I don’t think it made clear whether that was a decision made before the game or during.

Lafayette requested that the game end after 7. they play 4 games this weekend and didn't want to tax their pitching staff in a game 1 blowout.

Today 1 bb no errors no hbp. Very encouraging

Back