• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Great start to the season. Small sample size but like the ABs I saw and the pitching efficiency. Any idea who the midweek starter will be?

Great start to the season. Small sample size but like the ABs I saw and the pitching efficiency. Any idea who the midweek starter will be?

Pretty sure it'll be Seth Keener. Walter mentioned he "wouldn't be surprised" if he pushed some of the weekend guys this season -- but keep in mind that as long as he's the Tuesday guy, they'll probably hold him to 3-4 innings so that he can be used again on weekends.

Reed Mascolo was decent in some mid-week starts last season and I'd wager he'll be the second pitcher used on most Tuesdays.

Thanks. Mascolo did look good at times last year. UNCG is always tough.

Thanks. Mascolo did look good at times last year. UNCG is always tough.

I've been impressed/surprised they've maintained a solid program through losing Link Jarrett to Notre Dame. They've kind of taken -- alum alert -- Elon's spot as the mid-week pain-in-the-ass program for the Big 4 teams.

I've been impressed/surprised they've maintained a solid program through losing Link Jarrett to Notre Dame. They've kind of taken -- alum alert -- Elon's spot as the mid-week pain-in-the-ass program for the Big 4 teams.
Not sure where you would turn to get easy mid week games without a long bus ride. Lots of good programs in smaller conferences make mid week games difficult. Add games against Liberty and Coastal Carolina and it’s very difficult.

First one from Wilken looked like an effortless pop up that happened to go 330. The others were no doubters.

I’m skeptical of Tom Walter and I know it’s inferior competition but if we keep hitting like this….

We always hit good. I am impressed with the defense and general fundamentals so far.

First one from Wilken looked like an effortless pop up that happened to go 330. The others were no doubters.

I’m skeptical of Tom Walter and I know it’s inferior competition but if we keep hitting like this….

FWIW, UNCG opened the season at South Carolina, and went 1-2. Every game was tight (2 runs or less). Last year, UNCG beat NC State, UNC and Duke. Doesn't seem like UNCG is inferior competition. Think they are a legit OOC mid-week opponent. Agree that Lafayette and G'town were inferior, but games against VCU and UNCG are resume building games.

no problem with it, but pretty interesting to see kurtz leading off

eta: was similarly surprised with how laisssez-faire the managing was this weekend, too. barely any defensive subs or pinch hitters and, refreshingly, not a lot with bunts and hit and runs, etc.

Last edited:
who is the wake baseball goat? someone from the natty team? will craig? sleeth? regardless, wilken has a shot the way he’s going

WF up 13-2 in the bottom of the 3rd. WF #2 through #6 batters in the lineup all have homeruns before the end of the 3rd.

through 3 innings 13/21 with 3 walks 5 HR/1 triple and 2 doubles.

Freshmen look very good. So far fielding and pitching much improved. Can we carry over into ACC play?...

(Walter not coaching the bases.)

Last edited:
Back