• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

16-5. Walter has definitely made some major changes. Seems the micro-managing is over. Hitters not signaled on every pitch, pitchers not looking at computer "crib notes" between every pitch. "Playing" baseball. We look improved in almost every phase.

Last edited:
The frosh at NCSU hit his 6th and 7th HR today.

Hope I’m wrong but sort of feels like earlier editions of premature something or other
Generally the play of our earlier hyped teams teams has been concerning from even the opening games.

Through five games so far we are leading acc in batting third in fielding and top half era.

i really like watching Rhett Lowder pitch. Great command and he's very efficient. Doesn't waste time between pitches, which is unusual these days...

les posted a good interview w walter on youtube. talked about how not being 3rd base coach has allowed him to focus more on analytics. not sure the impact but we have a pretty strong student analytics club that works with the team (i believe these are the kids sitting behind home plate)

This announcer is horrible.

Sounds like more of a tv game commentary where you see what is happening. with this - too much dead time. ie like makes a comment after the count is 2-0. Never heard anything like it.

Generally the play of our earlier hyped teams teams has been concerning from even the opening games.

Through five games so far we are leading acc in batting third in fielding and top half era.

Feels like the first time we might not vastly underperform. Or bats are looking lethal and finally have decent fielding so hopefully avoid a lot of unearned runs although an error today cost us 2. Thankfully bats are making those inconsequential so far.

Wake wins game 1 9-2. Neither game close and we haven't even used any of our high leverage relievers.

Why don’t they just turn the camera on? I don’t understand.

Hartle was very good. Barely any hard hit balls in his 6 2/3 innings.

Feels like the first time we might not vastly underperform. Or bats are looking lethal and finally have decent fielding so hopefully avoid a lot of unearned runs although an error today cost us 2. Thankfully bats are making those inconsequential so far.

Baseball, like a lot of other sports, your own miscues can hurt you badly. Walks, errors, hit by pitch, baserunning mistakes are often the difference between a win and a loss.

Is there a reason Kligman hasn’t even gotten an AB yet this season? I thought he was a pretty big recruit.

Back