• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

It’s nice to be piling up wins early. I feel like we typically start slow and it’s an uphill battle. You have to win these OOC games early and midweek.

I'm liking the fact that we've taken 3 against a NCAA Tournament team already.

To be honest, I'm also glad Game 2 was a close affair. Allowed us to face some pressure situations, to which we responded well. While I'm loving us raking right now, I'm glad we at least had one high-pressure game where we prevailed before we get into the ACC schedule. Game 2 today was definitely a character-building win.

not even sure how to listen to todays game. we our really amateur hour in this department

they are hitting .320 this game, but no walks, 2 HBP and 1 WP no errors and thowing out a couple of baserunners. that's how you keep crocked numbers off the board.

Be nice if they could work out their "technical problems." Please, one of you web wizards help them out.

Les just posted….. Lucas Costello injured his wrist yesterday, will have surgery tomorrow and could be out about eight weeks.

Fortunately it seems like we have enough depth to where we can deal with issues like this

i’m probably more worried about defense. tommy hawke started in cf today. don’t know much about him but he’s a lil guy (5’6”) who has drawn 5 walks (vs only 10 ABs). bennett can also play some cf. wonder if crum is available to play in the field or if we are gonna really focus him on pitching.

Les just posted….. Lucas Costello injured his wrist yesterday, will have surgery tomorrow and could be out about eight weeks.

He hurt his hand sliding into first on a bunt single attempt. Was trying to avoid a tag attempt

Freak play...while running to 1st, stumbled, etc.

Terrible News. I have been very impressed with the contributions up and down the lineup. A lot fewer Ks. Chemistry seems better than last year. Walter seemed to put an emphasis on team building and a positive culture in the off season.

WF plays 3 more home games this week:

- Tuesday: Elon (4-3 - lost UNC 5-1)
- Friday: UMASS Lowell (1-4)
- Saturday: C Michigan (3-4)

No game on Sunday. Schedule stiffens after this week: WF plays at Coastal Carolina next week, and then ACC play starts a week from this weekend (WF hosts #12 FSU).

In today's Baseball America top 25, the following ACC teams are ranked:

#3 ND
#5 UVA
#12 FSU
#15 NC State
#19 GT
#25 Miami

Also, WF plays Liberty twice this year, and the Flames are ranked #17. They already won a series at Florida. Deacs will be tested soon.

No scheduling favors as there are 2 mid-week games (Coastal, George Mason) prior to FSU series.

Surprised we didn't make the top 25, but hard to blame voters after the past few seasons.

Surprised we didn't make the top 25, but hard to blame voters after the past few seasons.

WF's schedule has been pretty soft to date (it won't stay that way). There are other power programs that are also undefeated and not ranked because their schedule has been questionable (Clemson, Kentucky, VT and MD are all unbeaten). If WF continues to dominate this week and then wins the FSU series, WF will get ranked (and it will be deserved). FWIW, ND plays Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan State in the old "Homer Dome" where the Twins used to play (with the big baggy right-field wall) kind of cool. Also, Texas is the consensus #1 right now. They have swept both Rice and Bama. Also, Tennessee pitcher Ben Joyce threw a 103.5 mph pitch this week against UNC-Asheville. 103.5? Doesn't seem humanly possible: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/other-sports/2022/02/23/ben-joyce-throws-103-mph-pitch-tennessee-vols-baseball-unc-asheville/6916502001/

Back