• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Traditions: Wake Forest (ACC Network)

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Aired at 7:00 on ACCN. I'm sure it will air again. Definitely worth watching.

Almost everybody interviewed for this was a 90s Deac athlete or coach. The greatest generation. Glad to see our 20s children take up the mantle of greatness.

Last edited:

Almost everybody interviewed for this was a 90s Deac athlete or coach. The greatest generation. Glad to see our 20s children take up the mantle of greatness.

Looking forward to seeing it, was on the road until about 10 minutes ago.

Meh

Mid 80's for the win and the Elite 8 run! Basketball school! :thumbsup:

Meh

Mid 80's for the win and the Elite 8 run! Basketball school! :thumbsup:

I go back to Guy Morgan, Frank Johnson, Mike Helms and Jim Johnstone. Of course my Dad talks about Len Chappell, Frank Christie and Billy Packer.

Last edited:
That was honestly rather disappointing. Only discussed two sports.

It was only a half hour show. Hoops, golf, and philanthropy. I enjoyed it.

It was only a half hour show. Hoops, golf, and philanthropy. I enjoyed it.

Yeah. Took them long enough to do ours though that I had higher hopes. It was enjoyable. I just hope they circle back around and do some other things. Soccer and field hockey for instance, the first ACC baseball national championship, tennis, recent football success, actual traditions like rolling the quad, etc.

Oh yeah. That would be great. I'd rather them do it well than half-ass it. I wasn't expecting a lot of the people they brought in to talk about hoops.

I go back to Guy Morgan, Frank Johnson, Mike Helms and Jim Johnstone. Of course my Dad talks about Len Chappell, Frank Christie and Billy Packer.

That was a bad ass team. And don’t you know that Billy ran his mouth then too, just to piss them off.

Alvis Rogers was the 4th of that great recruiting class. Did Frank Johnson play with them?

Clearly the 2000-2010 generation was the best for wake sports, all things considered

Alvis Rogers was the 4th of that great recruiting class. Did Frank Johnson play with them?

He did. Johnson was the holdover from the Brown-Griffin-Schellenberg era. Wake made the ACC Tourney final in 1978 with Griffin. Then Rogers-Helms-Morgan-Johnstone had a rough freshman year (12-15) and sophomore year (13-14) when Johnson had to redshirt with an injury. Then he came back for his Sr year and we started off 11-0 and reached number 3 in the polls. At one point we were 16-2 but then lost 3 of our last 4, went 1-1 in the ACC Tourney and flamed out in the NCAA against BC.

Clearly the 2000-2010 generation was the best for wake sports, all things considered

Well, if a decade (rounded up) is a generation, then I guess I'd vote for 1996 to 2006!

(I was pretty happy with 1983-1987, it was my "best generation"! :) )

Back