• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shame on Deacon fans

REAL STUDENT FANS would have traveled home today instead of leaving yesterday.

giphy.gif

We had a miserable program for 11 years. We've played well vs terrible teams for 2 weeks...and most of these were not televised.

Why is this so hard to understand?

We had a miserable program for 11 years. We've played well vs terrible teams for 2 weeks...and most of these were not televised.

Why is this so hard to understand?

It isn't for 99% of the fan base. Just the other 1% like the OP.

In addition to all the other points, I am completely invested in the football team right now. Early Basketball games are not priority right now.

In addition to all the other points, I am completely invested in the football team right now. Early Basketball games are not priority right now.

Yeah, but you were a basketball player...

Lost a WF grad judge this week to Covid. Some people don’t feel comfortable inside around other people. MAGAts don’t like being forced to wear a mask. Early games after a decade of suckitude. It will get around that WF is pretty damn good and bigger games will be played. People will show up. But until they do, DR’s position on the size of the Joel seems more reasonable. In a perfect world, we would have a 9k closer to campus.

Lost a WF grad judge this week to Covid. Some people don’t feel comfortable inside around other people. MAGAts don’t like being forced to wear a mask. Early games after a decade of suckitude. It will get around that WF is pretty damn good and bigger games will be played. People will show up. But until they do, DR’s position on the size of the Joel seems more reasonable. In a perfect world, we would have a 9k closer to campus.

Hide your keys!

It took more than a decade to tear this program to shreds. We are 5-0 after playing 5 bad teams.....Yes I get it, Manning would be 2-3 right now but the point is, it takes time to build that trust back up. Keep winning and playing hard and the stands will fill. R-E-L-A-X as Rodgers would say.

We started 5-0 in Bz's last season.

(playing equally terrible teams)

What's so hard to understand?
403a44786262df1a5dcb2d6dd246f0ce.jpg

Those of us who actually attended many games each of those seasons know just how much bullshit this chart is.

Even the AD admitted they were fudging the numbers.

The shame is on those alums who condone a 15k seat stadium for a school our size. It has NEVER a worked.

You can’t build your Church for Easter Sunday.

The sad fact is that a decade+ of shit basketball led to many of us finding something better to do with our time and money.

The sad fact is that a decade+ of shit basketball led to many of us finding something better to do with our time and money.
This. And an AD who essentially told the average fan to go fuck themselves. And here we are. Empty seats.

#shocking

Those of us who actually attended many games each of those seasons know just how much bullshit this chart is.

Even the AD admitted they were fudging the numbers.

The shame is on those alums who condone a 15k seat stadium for a school our size. It has NEVER a worked.

You can’t build your Church for Easter Sunday.
My only point in the chart is most of the least attendance is the last 10 years. I realize we fudge attendance.

What a relief. Our best ambulance chasing alum is here to tell us WHAT IS UP

Happy Thanksgiving Mister Ross!!!! The entire "WFU basketball is back" hype machine because of 5 wins against the sisters of poor is very annoying and tone deaf. A few folks on twitter are the worst offenders.

Back