• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shame on Deacon fans

Deacon93

Reaction score
Forbes and Co. have earned asses in the seats. This team is fun to watch. They play smart, hard and together. This is truely a good basketball team with one hell of a coach. Shame on fans who aren’t spending money to fill the seats in the Joel. They deserve a ruckus crowd. Give it to them and get your ass to the Joel!

I’m happy the Deacs are doing better but ain’t nobody got time for the glorified AAU circuit that is today’s college basketball. Half of these guys will be gone by next Christmas.

I can't imagine going to a game and posting a rebuke of other fans not showing up after a 30 point win before you even left the floor. Enjoy the win man. Give manman a high 5

They have been awful for umpteen seasons in a row and they’re playing schools I’ve never heard of. Hopefully they start playing well against mid level opponents and fans will be back. Students are gone for Thanksgiving. Give people some time. We know if we’re competitive, fans will show for basketball.

Tell me you don't understand the business behind sporting events without telling me you don't understand the business behind sporting events.

I can't imagine going to a game and posting a rebuke of other fans not showing up after a 30 point win before you even left the floor. Enjoy the win man. Give manman a high 5

Lol……how is your old ass still awake! Take your ass to bed old man.

Forbes and Co. have earned asses in the seats. This team is fun to watch. They play smart, hard and together. This is truely a good basketball team with one hell of a coach. Shame on fans who aren’t spending money to fill the seats in the Joel. They deserve a ruckus crowd. Give it to them and get your ass to the Joel!

Forbes will earn it, I hope, b/w 11/26 and 12/4.

giphy.gif

Anyway, this team hasn't "earned" shit yet. The program went 6-16 last year with a decade of losing behind that.

But I'm glad you had a good Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. Fuck off, Mr. Sanctimonious.

Can’t expect much more from a football school.
Btw, it’s not solely about the past decade. A lot of people still aren’t comfortable in large indoor gatherings. Attendance is down everywhere.

Can’t expect much more from a football school.
Btw, it’s not solely about the past decade. A lot of people still aren’t comfortable in large indoor gatherings. Attendance is down everywhere.

Also, even when the team was good, it was tough to get more than a few thousand for cream puff games in November.

A decade of suckitude + Covid + Thanksgiving break + opposing team that nobody has heard of = no people.

Granted, the level of attendance is lacking even for all those factors, but again, I refer back to them.

I suspect it'll get packed with opposing fans for the usual games. Forbes is building something good, and this team is gonna pull off a few big wins this year, but it's not going to be an overnight thing.

I mean it was a Tuesday night. We understand it is the most difficult night to play basketball. Most Wake fans figured we didn't have a shot in hell last night hence the bad turnout.

Back