• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Clawson Get a Contract Extension? UPDATE: Yes

sweet

would love to know who reached out and how serious, though we never will

I don’t want to know - it’s doesn’t matter. Have a feeling it was one we didn’t see coming like Florida, USC, or LSU

A report earlier today said Washington was interested. That would worry me.

Awesome. Doesn't this stuff usually happen between final games and bowl games? Feels crazy for Clawson to be interviewing for jobs in weeks we've got critical games. Not sure I believe he's been out interviewing, though zoom makes facilitating this a bit easier.

Awesome. Doesn't this stuff usually happen between final games and bowl games? Feels crazy for Clawson to be interviewing for jobs in weeks we've got critical games. Not sure I believe he's been out interviewing, though zoom makes facilitating this a bit easier.

I'm sure it was done through agents, so there probably wasn't much direct contact during the process.

Wonder what the team had been hearing leading up to this. Glad to get it done before the game.

Wonder what the team had been hearing leading up to this. Glad to get it done before the game.

I guess. But if we lose, there’s going to be a lot of “Clawson was distracted by contract negotiations” talk.

I like the early signing period, but a negative side effect is that coaching moves are earlier and earlier.

If we lose tomorrow it won’t be because of the any distractions related to Clawsons contract but because our defense could not get enough stops. But that is not going to happen because we are going to win tomorrow. Let’s go Deacs. Grateful to have coach clawson as our coach.

As said before - dealing with this kinda stuff is price of success. If we let it affect our performance and can’t compartmentalize- we ain’t gonna go from good to great.

The wording of the release definitely sounds like more money for assistants so hopefully a DC is incoming.

Hopefully can now turn into a boost. Coach Clawson re-committed to Wake so lets reward his actions with our play.

Yeah. I’m choosing to view it as something that will pump our guys up tomorrow.

I'm sure it was done through agents, so there probably wasn't much direct contact during the process.

Guarantee you DC never talked or zoomed with anyone. All external hype was agent speak and fan speculation. Wake and Clawson’s people been working on this for weeks if not months.

I guess. But if we lose, there’s going to be a lot of “Clawson was distracted by contract negotiations” talk.

I like the early signing period, but a negative side effect is that coaching moves are earlier and earlier.

Better than a lot of “Clawson was distracted before taking the UW job” talk i guess. Let’s see how tmrw comes together

As said before - dealing with this kinda stuff is price of success. If we let it affect our performance and can’t compartmentalize- we ain’t gonna go from good to great.
Based upon the release, we shouldn't have to deal with this again for a long time.

Back