• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Clawson Get a Contract Extension? UPDATE: Yes

More important to recruiting than tomorrow—- great all the way around!!!

Based upon the release, we shouldn't have to deal with this again for a long time.

I want Clawson to be desired by other schools. That means we are winning a crazy amount of games. And then I want Clawson to either elect to stay at Wake or we get a huge buyout amount from his new employer.

I want Clawson to be desired by other schools. That means we are winning a crazy amount of games. And then I want Clawson to either elect to stay at Wake or we get a huge buyout amount from his new employer.

We’re Wake fans. Worrying about losing our coaches is part of our DNA.

i don't ever remember a wake head coach in any sport getting poached or know of it ever actually happening

grobe to arkansas was the only real scare i remember

the-wolf-of-wall-street-im-still-here.gif

i don't ever remember a wake head coach in any sport getting poached or know of it ever actually happening

Skip to Pitt. That rumor mill churning was how I found the wake message boards for the first time.

Yeah. People brought up a few last time I brought this up. But it shouldn’t be something Wake fans are so worried about.

Also recall some Grobe to Baylor rumors like 2002-2003. Don’t know if anything was material

Love this news…. 1 percent of me remembers that the minute that grobe got a long term extension he got lazy and then got away from what made him successful. 99 percent of me says clawson will never get lazy and content.

I read that release as assistants getting more $$$ and a commitment from Wake for DC to bring in whoever/whatever he needs to compete for ACC championships and even a dream run towards the CFP (which could be next year if we get a new defensive coordinator.

When was the last time a Wake coach actually did leave for another college program? Odom?

In that time, technically we’ve poached at least a couple with Lewellen and of course [Redacted]. More than anything we seem to have been able to keep coaches tenured for a long time in general (granted, I’m not really familiar with normal turnover for anything beyond Football and Men’s Bball.)

When was the last time a Wake coach actually did leave for another college program? Odom?

In that time, technically we’ve poached at least a couple with Lewellen and of course [Redacted]. More than anything we seem to have been able to keep coaches tenured for a long time in general (granted, I’m not really familiar with normal turnover for anything beyond Football and Men’s Bball.)

Will defer to others but my understanding was that we didn’t extend Odom’s contract and he left to go to USC- wasn’t exactly “poached”

We lost Vidovich to the pros. Not college, but an example of a coach who left Wake.

I read that release as assistants getting more $$$ and a commitment from Wake for DC to bring in whoever/whatever he needs to compete for ACC championships and even a dream run towards the CFP (which could be next year if we get a new defensive coordinator.

We absolutely have to overhaul that defense for ANY sniff of a CFP discussion. I trust Clawson knows where to start that process.

The wording of the release definitely sounds like more money for assistants so hopefully a DC is incoming.

IMO, this extension was more about getting raises for his assistants and keeping his coaching staff at Wake. The current head coaching vacancies along with the success of this season gave Clawson leverage to get a raise for himself and his assistants.

Back