Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Pitt is 112 against the pass. Their defense is basically send the house, stuff the run, upset timing. Teams have thrown for mega yardage against them. This game was made for Coach R.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    hard to believe that there are defensive efficiency ratings worse than ours
    Duke gave up 53 PPG in November. Thatís incredible.

Considering we had a pretty good chance at a National championship in hoops when Childress got the flu, Iíll never feel bad when another team gets the flu. Those are the breaks

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Those numbers also reflect that Pitt hasnít played one of the best offenses in the country and those other opponents have.
    they are adjusted for SOS, but we scored a shit-ton against NC State, who is #12 on that list, so I'm not worried about our offense moving the ball as long as everyone is healthy

Pickett practiced today

Dickie Hemric
    After playing a flu-depleted BC last Saturday, weíll be lucky to not have a wave of it go through our team.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    they are adjusted for SOS, but we scored a shit-ton against NC State, who is #12 on that list, so I'm not worried about our offense moving the ball as long as everyone is healthy
    Right but they would presumably be impacted by a game against a team with an offense that exceeds their baseline defensive expectations. Playing Wake has a negative impact on a teamís defensive rankings.

Last edited by Wakefan77; 12-01-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    meh, both clemson and fsu played well in their season openers. i read an article that showed how most narratives of teams getting significantly better or worse over the season are almost always BS, which i generally agree with. remember, the computers thought clemson was good at the middle of the year, even removing the preseason component.

i think the bigger difference is that ncst and pitt got clemson at home. plus the general fact that anything can happen in one game.
    For the first time in forever we did not get blown off the field against Clemson. If we hosted Clemson this weekend I would feel decent about our chances to win.

Hope we have some sick unis lined up for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Hope we have some sick unis lined up for Saturday.
    Are we home or away!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Right but they would presumably be impacted by a game against a team with an offense that exceeds their baseline defensive expectations. Playing Wake has a negative impact on a teamís defensive rankings.
    Clemson was #5 before playing Wake and after playing Wake

NCSU was #12 before and after playing Wake

Are we home or away!
    Iím actually having trouble figuring it out.

Are we home or away!
    Atlantic champ (Wake) is the designated home team.

Believe the word from a student journo on Twitter (Essex Thayer, good dude and not just saying that because he's from Baltimore) is that they're wearing all-black unis.

Are we home or away!
    Someone said to expect the all blacks. Yes please