Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
    Hurricane Deac was a legend.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Is the fire truck headed down 77?
    Not this time. I'm staying in Charlotte and heading to FL the next day for a cruise.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Hurricane Deac was a legend.
    Talking to he and olddeac were a couple of my favorite memories from that trip. I loved hearing about the old campus.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by CONeill View Post
    Atlantic champ (Wake) is the designated home team.

Believe the word from a student journo on Twitter (Essex Thayer, good dude and not just saying that because he's from Baltimore) is that they're wearing all-black unis.
    Came here to ask this question. Is the Atlantic winner always the home team? If we are, I would expect the all blacks.

The Atlantic champion is the home team in odd years and Coastal champ is home team in even years, I believe.

Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
    There are many memories I have of our tailgates the last 15+ years, but seeing you roll up to the OB parking lot with the bed of that truck full of beer just might be my favorite.

Not this time. I'm staying in Charlotte and heading to FL the next day for a cruise.
    The Blue Lot fire truck that parks in the corner across from the red lot?

Sheikh of Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    The Blue Lot fire truck that parks in the corner across from the red lot?
    That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    Came here to ask this question. Is the Atlantic winner always the home team? If we are, I would expect the all blacks.
    We're sending out the New Zealand rugby team? Interesting strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    I mean it should be, based on varsity v. JV divisions ... but gridirondeacfan is correct, it alternates.

That's it.
    I have been tailgating very close by. Enjoyed the halloween costumes - cool setup!

Rick Monday
    Is the dude wearing the #66 Jersey Bob Numbers?

Gold helmets please....better for a night game.

GO DEACS!🎩🏈👍

Sheikh of Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    I have been tailgating very close by. Enjoyed the halloween costumes - cool setup!
    Stop by and say hello sometime. We're a who's who of the Boards, and pretty friendly. Most of us started tailgating together as a result of the Orange Bowl Tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by 19deac92 View Post
    Is the dude wearing the #66 Jersey Bob Numbers?
    Tis I.

Interesting that Luiji Vilain has by far the best pressure rate on the team at 11.8%, and is 4th in the ACC. He should probably play more than he does, and I hope he comes back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Interesting that Luiji Vilain has by far the best pressure rate on the team at 11.8%, and is 4th in the ACC. He should probably play more than he does, and I hope he comes back next year.
    Those UM transfers really added value this year.

Sounds like the ticket office screwed the students. A lot coming out on Twitter, etc. saying they are in the nosebleeds.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Thatís where Iíd expect student tickets to be. Arenít they getting an affordable deal on transportation and tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Thatís where Iíd expect student tickets to be. Arenít they getting an affordable deal on transportation and tickets?
    Yep. I think it was $15. So I would agree with you. Some just appear to be very angry on Twitter and in the Facebook group that they werenít aware of this and wouldíve gotten other tickets. Also appears that randomly some are in the nosebleeds and some arenít.

Hot take alert: I sat in the second row for the Belk Bowl and decided if I returned to Bank of America Iíd rather sit up higher. But thatís probably just me.