Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Hot take alert: I sat in the second row for the Belk Bowl and decided if I returned to Bank of America Iíd rather sit up higher. But thatís probably just me.
    I agree. If youíre not in the 300 Club level then upstairs is a much better seat for a viewing experience. For a college kid they probably donít care about the view and care more about the vibes. Upstairs = bad vibes.

The 06 Student tickets were lower level close to one of the endzones. The OB student tickets were lower level endzones.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Yep. I think it was $15. So I would agree with you. Some just appear to be very angry on Twitter and in the Facebook group that they werenít aware of this and wouldíve gotten other tickets. Also appears that randomly some are in the nosebleeds and some arenít.
    I agree with both of you for the most part but there is also an argument that students are the most enthusiastic and loud portion of the fanbase, so having them in the lower level & closer to the field does have its advantages. Also, students definitely should have been informed of the possibility of upper bowl seats if they weren't already.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Iíd definitely prefer students get lower level seats but $15 tickets for uppers gets more butts in seats overall.

Every time ive been to the SEC championship the students are in the lower section behind the end zones, completely full, no idea what that costs them though.

I wonder what face value is on those uppers? A lot of difference from a viewing standpoint between the first 8-10 rows and higher up. The school has to cover the difference between face and student charged pricing, so that could add up for lower bowl tickets. Not saying MSD shouldn't do it, but it could get expensive.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Per Currie on Packer and Durham, we've got 25 bus loads of students heading down.

Our group got 25 in section 517. Figured at $66 a pop (or whatever they were) was a better deal than the lowers and was cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Per Currie on Packer and Durham, we've got 25 bus loads of students heading down.
    That's more than 6
    boorish ruffian

Gonna need to do a haka tomorrow because we're going all black

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Gonna need to do a haka tomorrow because we're going all black
    Perhaps a good sign. I wore a NZ All Blacks Jersey under my Wake gear when I attended @Army and @BC...
    (Not a parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Jroc25 View Post
    Perhaps a good sign. I wore a NZ All Blacks Jersey under my Wake gear when I attended @Army and @BC...
    you wearing it tomorrow?

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Honestly same for us beating Florida State. If we played them today it would be a much closer game
    Lol. FSU still sucks. They were the Gators only FBS win since mid-October.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Was watching this am and had to pause for work. Did anyone catch the little exchange about getting Billy back to Wake. It was short and Currie said something about "We'll get him back" and Mark said "Good luck with that..." or something to that effect. Is Billy being miffed about his jersey not being retired a real thing? And is that still a thing? It's weird that Mark seems to speak fondly of spending childhood years at Wake and speaks well of the program while Billy is MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Was watching this am and had to pause for work. Did anyone catch the little exchange about getting Billy back to Wake. It was short and Currie said something about "We'll get him back" and Mark said "Good luck with that..." or something to that effect. Is Billy being miffed about his jersey not being retired a real thing? And is that still a thing? It's weird that Mark seems to speak fondly of spending childhood years at Wake and speaks well of the program while Billy is MIA.
    Caught that exchange too. He got upset about how WF treated Charlie Davis as an employee. Itís in here way down: https://www.sportsbroadcastjournal.c...l-correctness/

semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Caught that exchange too. He got upset about how WF treated Charlie Davis as an employee. Itís in here way down: https://www.sportsbroadcastjournal.c...l-correctness/
    You were selected to Wake Forestís Hall of Fame. Years later, you asked the school to withdraw your name What in the world happened? Pulling your name forever off an esteemed and glistening list. Wow!
    I recruited Charlie Davis when I was an assistant coach at Wake. He was the second African-American basketball player ever to play for the school. This is like 1968. He was the first ever African American ACC MVP. He never got his degree but after he played some pro ball, I helped him land a job at Wake and as part of the agreement he earned his college degree too. After some period, he called me and said that Wake wouldnít allow him to advance. I reached out to the president on Charlieís behalf but eventually he was let go. So I helped him file a grievance and eventually the university agreed to compensate Charlie and write him a letter of recommendation for future job applications elsewhere. It was unfair so when it was over, I just told Wake to remove me from the Hall of Fame.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    I was worried about it being cold tomorrow night but the weather is going to be great.

Any flu update out of Pitt?
    This is my signature.