Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1242

Thread: 2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

  1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbster View Post
    One team appears to have been far more prepared for this game than the other.
    Yup. My one takeaway.

  2. #1102
    Props to the D. Don't think I can watch anymore....

  3. #1103
    So ungood game tonight.

  4. #1104
    Their D-line won the game. Pretty simple. Hartman melted down but he didnít exactly have a silver platter handed to him. Send us to Jax for a good bowl.

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbster View Post
    One team appears to have been far more prepared for this game than the other.
    Not sure how much sense this makes when we put up 21 in the first quarter.

  6. #1106
    Quote Originally Posted by deacz View Post
    Their D-line won the game. Pretty simple. Hartman melted down but he didnít exactly have a silver platter handed to him. Send us to Jax for a good bowl.
    Itís hard to care at this point.

  7. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Not sure how much sense this makes when we put up 21 in the first quarter.
    Well, it's now 45-21. So you do the math.

  8. #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    Yikes. So many #hottakes.
    He fucking sucks, always has sucked still sucks. His takes are hot because he doesnít know what the fuck he is talking about, especially with a 10-2 team.

  9. #1109
    Have we ever had a back-up QB throw a pass?

  10. #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by awakegirl View Post
    Itís hard to care at this point.
    Thatís unfortunate. This is the second 10-win Wake team in my lifetime. So it is pretty easy to care despite this game.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by deacz View Post
    Thatís unfortunate. This is the second 10-win Wake team in my lifetime. So it is pretty easy to care despite this game.
    Iím going to assume you didnít spend $1400 to fly here and see the team shit the bed. I can care tomorrow, but not tonight. We looked like we didnít even try.

  12. #1112
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    Orlando, Jacksonville or San Diego for the holidays.
    I might feel differently in the morning, but in the hear of the moment I do not give a shit. I guess that shows the progress the program has made.

    Admittedly I am exhausted and watered at the moment.

  13. #1113
    O-line terrible. Hartman terrible. D terrible in the first quarter and then actually played well enough. Hartman pressed on some of those drives where we couldn't get anything going-- threw deep too many times when the 7 yard out route was available all night. Then he just turned to dogshit. Pretty embarrassing when the announcer team, which was also terrible by the way, is talking about how much therapy Hartman is going to need to overcome what is yet another inexplicable performance when it counted. This was Wisconsin Redux.

    The ACC should be embarrassed that it drew this team of announcers. RG3 is terrible enough, but neither was even remotely involved in the game or paying attention to what was going on. The camera crew was also third rate. Just awful. It likely would've been different if we had had top 10 teams, but the conference needs to make a deal to have an announcer team that isn't third rate in their CCG.

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyWF View Post
    I wanted this team to win so bad. It was a great season and I respect the teamís fight so much. It gave me a lot of joy in the what has been a tough year+. I donít know maybe I should be mad at the performance but I just want to cheer for this team.
    This.
    We're going to be good again.

  15. #1115
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyWF View Post
    I wanted this team to win so bad. It was a great season and I respect the teamís fight so much. It gave me a lot of joy in the what has been a tough year+. I donít know maybe I should be mad at the performance but I just want to cheer for this team.
    honestly this is the level im at
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  16. #1116
    Just seemed like we got our of rhythm on offense and never got back in. The deep shots felt forced.

    Tough end to a great season.

  17. #1117
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    DeacInVermont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    5,680
    The toughest part is that we're better than we showed tonight. Pitt isn't any better than us really, but we're the team that had the meltdown. It has been a good season overall- better than most of us expected- and I have a lot of hope for next year.. Go Deacs!

  18. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacInVermont View Post
    The toughest part is that we're better than we showed tonight. Pitt isn't any better than us really, but we're the team that had the meltdown. It has been a good season overall- better than most of us expected- and I have a lot of hope for next year.. Go Deacs!
    Yep, no doubt.

  19. #1119
    Hoping for a better showing in the bowl game....likely against an even better opponent than tonight, however.

  20. #1120
    Reality. After being up 21-14, we were outscored 31-0. One team made adjustments and the other not so much.

    Feel for the team but I hope someone keeps a close eye on Sam for a while after this game. He looked absolutely dejected. As much as we all wanted to win and as much as we deserved to be here, it's still just a game. Shake it off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •