Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1242

Thread: 2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Quote Originally Posted by deacz View Post
    Thatís unfortunate. This is the second 10-win Wake team in my lifetime. So it is pretty easy to care despite this game.
    Same here brother, some will never appreciate how good this season has been. I'm as disappointed and disgusted as anybody, but a lot to be proud of this season and we got one more shot to end things the right way.
    boorish ruffian

Just got back to hotel. My observation is that teams started figuring our offense out in November. We have to change things up. And enough with the chucking the damn ball down the field. Offensive playcalling, preparation, blocking, and route running were the problem tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShot View Post
    Just seemed like we got our of rhythm on offense and never got back in. The deep shots felt forced.

Tough end to a great season.
    Season ain't over.
    boorish ruffian

I feel like this is the 4th time in 1.5 seasons that I've watched this game - i.e. going from beating/competing with a good team in a big game to losing our collective shit to the tune of 4 picks and 30 consecutive points conceded. I'd rather that not be Our Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    I feel like this is the 4th time in 1.5 seasons that I've watched this game - i.e. going from beating/competing with a good team in a big game to losing our collective shit to the tune of 4 picks and 30 consecutive points conceded. I'd rather that not be Our Thing.
    In the same building too

Bad game but a good season. If we start losing ACC championship games on a regular basis, then I'll be mad.

Ricky Peral
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    This.
    Second.

Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Just got back to hotel. My observation is that teams started figuring our offense out in November. We have to change things up. And enough with the chucking the damn ball down the field. Offensive playcalling, preparation, blocking, and route running were the problem tonight.
    Don't know if you can really say that. UNC didn't beat us because they figured out our offense, neither did Clemson either really. To their credit, Pitt by far did the best job of defending us of any one this year.
    boorish ruffian

Really expected Wake to be the team having scored 45 pts.

Bizarro world after the 1st Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac1244 View Post
    Reality. After being up 21-14, we were outscored 31-0. One team made adjustments and the other not so much.

Feel for the team but I hope someone keeps a close eye on Sam for a while after this game. He looked absolutely dejected. As much as we all wanted to win and as much as we deserved to be here, it's still just a game. Shake it off.
    This.

At least we had a half of competitive football. Iowa fans can't say the same thing tonight

Also, we have to get a better run game.

Clawson: "Not our night."

Recruiting tomorrow on the road.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Yep. Our offense has been in decline since the end of the UNC game. Any team good enough to capitalize on it absolutely did.

The offense lacks dimensions. No throwing short passes in the middle of the field. The deep balls are all or nothing. Running game is bland. I think we only had one run for more than 10 yards. There was no Plan B after they shut down what little we did.

Hartman just isnít a guy who can put the whole team on his shoulders against a good opponent and he didnít have much help from his teammates or Ruggiero.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    Clawson: "Not our night."

Recruiting tomorrow on the road.
    Will be interesting to see if Dave makes some moves off-season. Michigan and Baylor overhauled key coaching positions and things seem to have worked out quite well for them.

Also, we have to get a better run game.
    We're loaded at running at running back. I'd like to see more variety in the run game.
    boorish ruffian

We have been running the same offense for a few years now. It's only new to the national media, which hasn't been paying attention. We lost at the line of scrimmage, where most games are lost. It's especially tough for us because our little "mesh point" cute offense that we run is thrown all to shit if a D line is disruptive at the line of scrimmage. Like Clemson's, for example. Tonight, Pitt was disruptive enough, but we also killed ourselves trying to force long plays. Pitt scored their first 14 points in about 4 seconds in that first quarter, whereas we took our time, took what they gave us, burnt some clock, and scored our 14. We quit doing that, to our detriment. O-line was getting pushed around, but the plays were still there. Then Hartman just went all to shit.
    Last edited by EatLeadCommie; 12-05-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    We're loaded at running at running back. I'd like to see more variety in the run game.
    Iím not convinced that we are.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Well said, ELC.

Weíve got solid running backs but we donít ask much of them in the running game.

Really disappointing game to watch after the first quarter. Pretty fun season so far and getting 10 wins and making it to the ACC championship game was a nice milestone for Clawson and this team.

Hope Hartman and the players bounce back for the bowl game.