• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

The 06 Student tickets were lower level close to one of the endzones. The OB student tickets were lower level endzones.

Yep. I think it was $15. So I would agree with you. Some just appear to be very angry on Twitter and in the Facebook group that they weren’t aware of this and would’ve gotten other tickets. Also appears that randomly some are in the nosebleeds and some aren’t.
I agree with both of you for the most part but there is also an argument that students are the most enthusiastic and loud portion of the fanbase, so having them in the lower level & closer to the field does have its advantages. Also, students definitely should have been informed of the possibility of upper bowl seats if they weren't already.

I’d definitely prefer students get lower level seats but $15 tickets for uppers gets more butts in seats overall.

Every time ive been to the SEC championship the students are in the lower section behind the end zones, completely full, no idea what that costs them though.

I wonder what face value is on those uppers? A lot of difference from a viewing standpoint between the first 8-10 rows and higher up. The school has to cover the difference between face and student charged pricing, so that could add up for lower bowl tickets. Not saying MSD shouldn't do it, but it could get expensive.

Our group got 25 in section 517. Figured at $66 a pop (or whatever they were) was a better deal than the lowers and was cheaper.

Per Currie on Packer and Durham, we've got 25 bus loads of students heading down.

Was watching this am and had to pause for work. Did anyone catch the little exchange about getting Billy back to Wake. It was short and Currie said something about "We'll get him back" and Mark said "Good luck with that..." or something to that effect. Is Billy being miffed about his jersey not being retired a real thing? And is that still a thing? It's weird that Mark seems to speak fondly of spending childhood years at Wake and speaks well of the program while Billy is MIA.

Was watching this am and had to pause for work. Did anyone catch the little exchange about getting Billy back to Wake. It was short and Currie said something about "We'll get him back" and Mark said "Good luck with that..." or something to that effect. Is Billy being miffed about his jersey not being retired a real thing? And is that still a thing? It's weird that Mark seems to speak fondly of spending childhood years at Wake and speaks well of the program while Billy is MIA.

Caught that exchange too. He got upset about how WF treated Charlie Davis as an employee. It’s in here way down: https://www.sportsbroadcastjournal.com/billy-packer-cant-work-today-due-to-political-correctness/

n9EdqZ1.png

Caught that exchange too. He got upset about how WF treated Charlie Davis as an employee. It’s in here way down: https://www.sportsbroadcastjournal.com/billy-packer-cant-work-today-due-to-political-correctness/

You were selected to Wake Forest’s Hall of Fame. Years later, you asked the school to withdraw your name What in the world happened? Pulling your name forever off an esteemed and glistening list. Wow!
I recruited Charlie Davis when I was an assistant coach at Wake. He was the second African-American basketball player ever to play for the school. This is like 1968. He was the first ever African American ACC MVP. He never got his degree but after he played some pro ball, I helped him land a job at Wake and as part of the agreement he earned his college degree too. After some period, he called me and said that Wake wouldn’t allow him to advance. I reached out to the president on Charlie’s behalf but eventually he was let go. So I helped him file a grievance and eventually the university agreed to compensate Charlie and write him a letter of recommendation for future job applications elsewhere. It was unfair so when it was over, I just told Wake to remove me from the Hall of Fame.

Back