• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

The 'Kenny Heisman' chant or whatever it was, was pretty entertaining. They actually believe.

I really hope they get boatraced in their bowl game

The 'Kenny Heisman' chant or whatever it was, was pretty entertaining. They actually believe.

I really hope they get boatraced in their bowl game

He's got no shot after what Bryce Young did today.

Ugh yeah, they were as bad as any ACC fans I've ever encountered. Just zero humility or recognition that they'd been absolutely gifted some shit. Sitting in the middle of a WFU section and talking shit too.

Not my experience in a mixed section. Congrats Pitt. Clearly the better team tonight.

Pitt is a joke. They’re basically less loveable less redneck West Virginia fans.

Ugh yeah, they were as bad as any ACC fans I've ever encountered. Just zero humility or recognition that they'd been absolutely gifted some shit. Sitting in the middle of a WFU section and talking shit too.

Yeah couldn't figure it out, several sitting on the "Wake Forest" side of the stadium. Are they really that damn dumb to buy tickets on that side or that big of an asshole to want to sit on the same side with the opposing teams fans and talk shit. Encountered a few douchey ones walking into the stadium too.

Yeah couldn't figure it out, several sitting on the "Wake Forest" side of the stadium. Are they really that damn dumb to buy tickets on that side or that big of an asshole to want to sit on the same side with the opposing teams fans and talk shit. Encountered a few douchey ones walking into the stadium too.

I'm sure they did that on purpose hoping for the result they got so they could talk shit.

Wake had a great showing and we looked really good in the first quarter. I never thought the team would fall apart like we did. Gutted, but let’s regroup and go win a bowl game. Go Deacs!

Would have never thought our offense would've let us down and the defense play pretty decent actually.

Everything else showed up. The fans were great and loud. The defense played well after the 1st quarter. But the offense did not show. I don’t know the worst way to lose but it may be losing because your strength becomes a weakness.

Fake injuries are the best defense against Sam and Ruggiero

NCSU, Sam didn’t let them phase him; Pitt, not so much

Yep. Our offense has been in decline since the end of the UNC game. Any team good enough to capitalize on it absolutely did.

The offense lacks dimensions. No throwing short passes in the middle of the field. The deep balls are all or nothing. Running game is bland. I think we only had one run for more than 10 yards. There was no Plan B after they shut down what little we did.

Hartman just isn’t a guy who can put the whole team on his shoulders against a good opponent and he didn’t have much help from his teammates or Ruggiero.

Ruggiero just doesn’t seem to be able to counter when the defense makes adjustments. They should’ve rolled Hartman out to give him more time. We did that once on the first series in the 2nd half and never tried it again.

It seems like we also need Sam to drop back deeper against teams with a good D Line.

Also not sure why we didn’t try some screens and shorter throws. The short stuff was there all night.

There were plenty of screens to Roberson and one each to CBS and Cooley. There were too many screens.

We will avenge this L when we make our first trip to Heinz Field in 2045

Had zero problems with pitt fans. They showed up 4-1 to wake fans and every one I met was courteous. Absolute meltdown from Sam. Most inept offense I’ve ever seen. Scored a TD on first three drives and then absolutely stunk up the place. Incredibly frustrating.

I hammered the over prior to the game, felt like a sure bet. Lost a lot of money on that one.

I passed out in the first quarter, but just watched the extended highlights, and I've never seen Hartman look so rattled. To me it looked like the second push of the Pitt D line once he decided to pass really had him anxious. Sorry guys.

I really hate when a Big East or not even a fucking full member wins a championship.

Pitt is a joke. They’re basically less loveable less redneck West Virginia fans.

It's night and day between Pitt and WVU fans. Kinda amazing considering how close to two schools are. I've always really enjoyed my interactions with WVU fans. Super nice people and great fan base.

We’ve got a good team. Lot of mistakes yesterday all over the place including the sidelines. We will win big games again soon.

Had zero problems with pitt fans. They showed up 4-1 to wake fans and every one I met was courteous. Absolute meltdown from Sam. Most inept offense I’ve ever seen. Scored a TD on first three drives and then absolutely stunk up the place. Incredibly frustrating.

4 to 1 where, not in the stands? Multiple people said Wake probably had more in the stands, if only slightly.

Back