• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Pitt is 112 against the pass. Their defense is basically send the house, stuff the run, upset timing. Teams have thrown for mega yardage against them. This game was made for Coach R.

Considering we had a pretty good chance at a National championship in hoops when Childress got the flu, I’ll never feel bad when another team gets the flu. Those are the breaks

giphy.gif

Those numbers also reflect that Pitt hasn’t played one of the best offenses in the country and those other opponents have.

they are adjusted for SOS, but we scored a shit-ton against NC State, who is #12 on that list, so I'm not worried about our offense moving the ball as long as everyone is healthy

After playing a flu-depleted BC last Saturday, we’ll be lucky to not have a wave of it go through our team.

they are adjusted for SOS, but we scored a shit-ton against NC State, who is #12 on that list, so I'm not worried about our offense moving the ball as long as everyone is healthy

Right but they would presumably be impacted by a game against a team with an offense that exceeds their baseline defensive expectations. Playing Wake has a negative impact on a team’s defensive rankings.

Last edited:

Hope we have some sick unis lined up for Saturday.

Right but they would presumably be impacted by a game against a team with an offense that exceeds their baseline defensive expectations. Playing Wake has a negative impact on a team’s defensive rankings.

Clemson was #5 before playing Wake and after playing Wake

NCSU was #12 before and after playing Wake

Are we home or away!

Atlantic champ (Wake) is the designated home team.

Believe the word from a student journo on Twitter (Essex Thayer, good dude and not just saying that because he's from Baltimore) is that they're wearing all-black unis.

Back