• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Was expecting black on black with gold domes. Seems to be our go-to for big games. Can’t go wrong with the all blacks under the lights though.

The games in which the defense has struggled this season have all featured an opponent that ran the ball on us—Syracuse with Tucker and Schrader, Army’s option, UNC and Clemson both with over 300 yards rushing. Don’t know anything about Pitt’s rushing attack. All you ever hear about is Pickett.

The games in which the defense has struggled this season have all featured an opponent that ran the ball on us—Syracuse with Tucker and Schrader, Army’s option, UNC and Clemson both with over 300 yards rushing. Don’t know anything about Pitt’s rushing attack. All you ever hear about is Pickett.

Pitt averaging 156 yrds/g with a 4.1 YPC. Pickett is not a rushing threat.

For comparison sake
UNC 219/5.5
Syracuse 214/5.2
Clemson 172/4.7

Wake 168/4.1

So like twins.

A few nuggets I'm reviewing that are interesting:

Pitt's pass defense is bad. Only GT and Duke are giving up more ypg in the ACC. They have 11 INTs on the season (WF has 13), but the most sacks in the league (46).

Granted, their rush D is excellent. Best in the conference. They have been excellent on 3rd and 4th down defense.

NC State, Clemson and Boston College are all better scoring defenses. Pitt is 5th.

Pitt has the worst strength of schedule in the ACC this year, ranking 74th in D1. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. They had a very favorable ACC slate on the road (GT, VT, Duke, Syracuse). Both of their losses were at home (Western Michigan, Miami).

Special teams - Pitt has given up only 43 yards (wtf?) the whole season on punts returns. They are 16/19 on field goals. They are middle of the pack in punt return avg, top-3 in kick return. WF is 2nd in punt return, 6th on kickoffs.

from one of the many threads re: the ACC game : TSY and LK are tailgating at the corner of Mint and Morehead with a bunch of other Wake fans

from one of the many threads re: the ACC game : TSY and LK are tailgating at the corner of Mint and Morehead with a bunch of other Wake fans
We're near the House of Prayer. By no means an official Boards Tailgate Ala the Orange Bowl, but people are welcome to stop by.

We're near the House of Prayer. By no means an official Boards Tailgate Ala the Orange Bowl, but people are welcome to stop by.

there was an official Boards tailgate for the Orange Bowl?

yah very official

nametags and everything from what I heard

there was an official Boards tailgate for the Orange Bowl?
Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
81e8e76aa83ac0bb6448f6c6a29f9448.jpg

A few nuggets I'm reviewing that are interesting:

Pitt's pass defense is bad. Only GT and Duke are giving up more ypg in the ACC. They have 11 INTs on the season (WF has 13), but the most sacks in the league (46).

Granted, their rush D is excellent. Best in the conference. They have been excellent on 3rd and 4th down defense.

NC State, Clemson and Boston College are all better scoring defenses. Pitt is 5th.

Pitt has the worst strength of schedule in the ACC this year, ranking 74th in D1. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. They had a very favorable ACC slate on the road (GT, VT, Duke, Syracuse). Both of their losses were at home (Western Michigan, Miami).

Special teams - Pitt has given up only 43 yards (wtf?) the whole season on punts returns. They are 16/19 on field goals. They are middle of the pack in punt return avg, top-3 in kick return. WF is 2nd in punt return, 6th on kickoffs.

Can you imagine the shit we would’ve gotten if we had lost at home to WMU. We’d be hearing about it nonstop, especially from our pal Kirk. Yet for Pitt it’s magically disappeared.

Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
81e8e76aa83ac0bb6448f6c6a29f9448.jpg

Hurricane Deac was a legend.

Back