• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Pitt with an impressive win yesterday over Syracuse on the road. This will be a really tough game for the Deacs. Felt we were a little better than Ga. Tech in 2006 but don't feel that way going into this game. We will have to play great to win. Pickett and Addison are really good. We really need the Wake fans to turn out as I can't imagine Pitt will have a ton travel to Charlotte.

Syracuse really fell apart at the end of the year after looking pretty good in the middle part of the year.

Pitt with an impressive win yesterday over Syracuse on the road. This will be a really tough game for the Deacs. Felt we were a little better than Ga. Tech in 2006 but don't feel that way going into this game. We will have to play great to win. Pickett and Addison are really good. We really need the Wake fans to turn out as I can't imagine Pitt will have a ton travel to Charlotte.

We weren’t better than GT in 2006. It’s hard to be much better than a team that’s playing one of the best football players ever on their roster even with Reggie Ball under center. Had they continued to run Choice as effectively in the second half, we likely lose.

Pitt’s lines make me nervous. I hope CBS can go. We’ll need him in pass protection.

We weren’t better than GT in 2006. It’s hard to be much better than a team that’s playing one of the best football players ever on their roster even with Reggie Ball under center. Had they continued to run Choice as effectively in the second half, we likely lose.

Pitt’s lines make me nervous. I hope CBS can go. We’ll need him in pass protection.

Reggie Ball was terrible.

Reggie Ball was terrible.

If I recall early on Calvin Johnson was absolutely wide open way down the field and Ball way overthrew him. Then later we just PI’d him and their other Johnson receiver all day.

We know Pitt will throw a lot. Our DBs need to be prepared. Also need some good pressure from the Dline.
Offense needs to score early, often and til the game ends.

Anyone recall what line was in 2006 vs. GT? I want to say we were slight dogs. Agreed that GT had a horrible game plan that day - Tried to throw 15 passes over 20 yards and our DB’s had game of their lives. If they had pounded the ball- we likely lose that game.

Pickett may be the first QB taken in the 2022 NFL draft, and he has had a great year. That said, he isn't a major threat to run (2.5 ypc; 200 yards rushing in 12 games), which is a good thing as WF has struggled with running QBs all year

Cause then he would have to drive back to rke hung over on Sunday. No way he makes it to CLT in time from a 3pm hoops game. Don’t risk it. Rent a chopper.
Oh, we're going to do it. They don't call me betterphan for nothin'.

Also, looks like game is at 2pm

Ga Tech was favored by 3 in 2006 but I had confidence we would win because Reggie Ball was so bad and that proved to be the case.

Pitt might not have a Calvin Johnson level talent but they’re a better coached and better team all around than GT in 2006

Our players better not have gotten the flu from the BC players! Better start a round of Tamiflu for prevention!

We're better than 2006.

Totally different teams. The 2006 team struggled offensively, but that was an elite defense (10 of the 11 starters at least got an NFL FA contract). This year, WF has its best offense in school history. Defense? Hmmm...

Pitt might not have a Calvin Johnson level talent but they’re a better coached and better team all around than GT in 2006

Don’t forget the current WWE Universal Champion played on that Ga Tech defensive line. No wonder we only managed 3 field goals.

Back