• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Atlantic champ (Wake) is the designated home team.

Believe the word from a student journo on Twitter (Essex Thayer, good dude and not just saying that because he's from Baltimore) is that they're wearing all-black unis.

Came here to ask this question. Is the Atlantic winner always the home team? If we are, I would expect the all blacks.

The Atlantic champion is the home team in odd years and Coastal champ is home team in even years, I believe.

Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
81e8e76aa83ac0bb6448f6c6a29f9448.jpg

There are many memories I have of our tailgates the last 15+ years, but seeing you roll up to the OB parking lot with the bed of that truck full of beer just might be my favorite.

Came here to ask this question. Is the Atlantic winner always the home team? If we are, I would expect the all blacks.

We're sending out the New Zealand rugby team? Interesting strategy.

I mean it should be, based on varsity v. JV divisions ... but gridirondeacfan is correct, it alternates.

Oh yeah, it was pretty awesome. Ended up being better and bigger than the Deacon Club Tailgate. 94Deac was with us when we bought out every ounce of beer at the local Walmarket before the game. We literally had his pickup truck bed full of beer. Plus, I was interviewed by some Orange Bowl folks while drinking a beer.
81e8e76aa83ac0bb6448f6c6a29f9448.jpg

Is the dude wearing the #66 Jersey Bob Numbers?

Gold helmets please....better for a night game.

GO DEACS!🎩🏈👍

I have been tailgating very close by. Enjoyed the halloween costumes - cool setup!

Stop by and say hello sometime. We're a who's who of the Boards, and pretty friendly. Most of us started tailgating together as a result of the Orange Bowl Tailgate.

Is the dude wearing the #66 Jersey Bob Numbers?

Tis I.

Interesting that Luiji Vilain has by far the best pressure rate on the team at 11.8%, and is 4th in the ACC. He should probably play more than he does, and I hope he comes back next year.

Interesting that Luiji Vilain has by far the best pressure rate on the team at 11.8%, and is 4th in the ACC. He should probably play more than he does, and I hope he comes back next year.

Those UM transfers really added value this year.

Sounds like the ticket office screwed the students. A lot coming out on Twitter, etc. saying they are in the nosebleeds.

That’s where I’d expect student tickets to be. Aren’t they getting an affordable deal on transportation and tickets?

That’s where I’d expect student tickets to be. Aren’t they getting an affordable deal on transportation and tickets?

Yep. I think it was $15. So I would agree with you. Some just appear to be very angry on Twitter and in the Facebook group that they weren’t aware of this and would’ve gotten other tickets. Also appears that randomly some are in the nosebleeds and some aren’t.

Hot take alert: I sat in the second row for the Belk Bowl and decided if I returned to Bank of America I’d rather sit up higher. But that’s probably just me.

Hot take alert: I sat in the second row for the Belk Bowl and decided if I returned to Bank of America I’d rather sit up higher. But that’s probably just me.

I agree. If you’re not in the 300 Club level then upstairs is a much better seat for a viewing experience. For a college kid they probably don’t care about the view and care more about the vibes. Upstairs = bad vibes.

Back