• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

my pessimistic take would be that despite what the overall numbers might suggest, we are not that great of an offense when we are one-dimensional. i heard we had the most even run vs pass split, and i think that’s the key to our offense.

if pitt can really shut down our run game and we end up having to throw a ton i could see us getting into some trouble. as good as hartman is running our offense, i don’t think he’s nearly as good as a vanilla drop back passer. really hoping ellison and CBS can go. ultimately don’t think they can stop our run game without putting extra guys in the box so i think we will be good.

I agree with this -- feel like our collapse against UNC was us being one-dimensional like this against a so-called bad passing D

I think it'd be pretty interesting to do a deep dive on the play by play stats -- feels like drives where we rush for at least 4 yards end in TDs more often than not

Our first trip was a 9-6 win against GT. This is more likely to be 45-42.

And first downs only matter if you don't score first (see Army). :)

So in 2006, I lived in North Carolina (Junior at Wake). We won (with me on the field) in Jacksonville.

Fast forward 15 years. I live in Jacksonville. I think I'm going to have to drive by TIAA Field tomorrow on my way to the airport on my way to Charlotte.

Because closing the loop that life (and God) deals us. It's fate.

Is he the halftime show? Can’t seem to find any info on that

34329d6ae977569de94c6574c3fc0233.jpg

I love Nash Rickey

Also in an Uber on the way to the airport.

Let’s bring home the hardware folks! #businesstrip

I'm getting taped up in about an hour. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in 2006, I lived in North Carolina (Junior at Wake). We won (with me on the field) in Jacksonville.

Fast forward 15 years. I live in Jacksonville. I think I'm going to have to drive by TIAA Field tomorrow on my way to the airport on my way to Charlotte.

You gotta drive by TIAA to pay your respects- maybe sneak on field and grab a blade of that sacred grass

Clawson talked about it in one of his pressers I think but winning on first down is SO important for this offense. And then if we get a couple first downs put together we can really start to hurt teams. Limiting the three and out possessions tomorrow is critical.

This is the key. Can’t have incompletions or penalties on first down.

The entire offense is built in balance and the threat of a somewhat competent (not necessarily great or even good) running game. Must maintain balance even if it is Hartman whose running keeps them honest.

Earlier in the season I thought Hartman’s reads erred away from the QB run. This makes sense given our lack of proven depth at QB. As the stakes have increased, and CBS and Ellison went down, he has run the ball a shade more. I expect with a title on the line he will run more than previously. We must run the ball.

This is the key. Can’t have incompletions or penalties on first down.

The entire offense is built in balance and the threat of a somewhat competent (not necessarily great or even good) running game. Must maintain balance even if it is Hartman whose running keeps them honest.

Earlier in the season I thought Hartman’s reads erred away from the QB run. This makes sense given our lack of proven depth at QB. As the stakes have increased, and CBS and Ellison went down, he has run the ball a shade more. I expect with a title on the line he will run more than previously. We must run the ball.

To add onto this, also no screw ups on the goal line. It’s become almost expected for us to get a false start if we’re inside the 5.

Talk about full circle. 8 years to the day since Grobe resigned.

Back