• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

Pull us through tonight guys!

Wife has been fighting the many complications of diabetes and we'll be watching from the couch.

GO DEACS!

This is the key. Can’t have incompletions or penalties on first down.

The entire offense is built in balance and the threat of a somewhat competent (not necessarily great or even good) running game. Must maintain balance even if it is Hartman whose running keeps them honest.

Earlier in the season I thought Hartman’s reads erred away from the QB run. This makes sense given our lack of proven depth at QB. As the stakes have increased, and CBS and Ellison went down, he has run the ball a shade more. I expect with a title on the line he will run more than previously. We must run the ball.

Totally agree. I think Hartman is going to have to put the run game on his back tonight.

GO DEACS! Heading down later today. Feeling good about this game, it's going to happen!!

Dug around the coat closet and found the hat that I wore to the 2006 Championship game, it’s on and I’m fucking ready. Let’s go DEACS!!!

Pull us through tonight guys!

Wife has been fighting the many complications of diabetes and we'll be watching from the couch.

GO DEACS!

Yeah, I'm watching at my Dad's house, he's kind of aged out of going to games any distance away especially late. In 2006, we drove down to Jacksonville on Friday and came back after the game the next day. That was such a great trip. I feel bad for not being there tonight, but I've got to watch with my Pops. Sounds like we're going to be well represented anyway.

TV question. I’m in the Jacksonville area for a short period, staying at a hotel. I now see, unexpectedly, that there is a dispute involving Dish that seems to have blacked out ABC, among other major networks. That seems to preclude watching the Wake game tomorrow. Any reasonable alternatives? Other than just radio? 🤬

Pick up a $10 antenna.

I wasn't able to go in 2006. Our son was just a year old and being a pastor, it is hard to take a weekend off in December. My dad and one of his old Wake roommates went. But I'll be there tonight with my son and nephew (who wasn't even born in 2006). Sadly my dad died in 2016. He surely would be with us tonight if he was still with us. We will make him proud.

I wasn't able to go in 2006. Our son was just a year old and being a pastor, it is hard to take a weekend off in December. My dad and one of his old Wake roommates went. But I'll be there tonight with my son and nephew (who wasn't even born in 2006). Sadly my dad died in 2016. He surely would be with us tonight if he was still with us. We will make him proud.

Sorry about your Dad. Have a great time tonight!

Yeah, I'm watching at my Dad's house, he's kind of aged out of going to games any distance away especially late. In 2006, we drove down to Jacksonville on Friday and came back after the game the next day. That was such a great trip. I feel bad for not being there tonight, but I've got to watch with my Pops. Sounds like we're going to be well represented anyway.

Yes sir. Family first!

:thumbsup:

At BWI waiting for my flight to Charlotte, all Pitt fans. All super nice so far. Very excited for tonight! Go Deacs!!

Do we really care if we repair our relationship with billy packer? That seems like an awful lot of butt kissing and for what? Billy packer is not relevant in 2021.

Billy who?

Our first trip was a 9-6 win against GT. This is more likely to be 45-42.

And first downs only matter if you don't score first (see Army). :)

Yep. it better be a shoot out or we're in serious trouble.

Dug around the coat closet and found the hat that I wore to the 2006 Championship game, it’s on and I’m fucking ready. Let’s go DEACS!!!

wasn't there but i am wearing the same hat i wore watching it then

On the train from Cary to CLT - a good number of Deacon fans and I bet we'll pick up more in G'boro and Kannapolis. Also a few Pitt fans sprinkled in... Get hyped!

Beautiful day to be a Deac!!
32276372332b558bceef90a8fdb2a6ac.jpg

I dont think college GameDay has mentioned the acc championship game once so far. ESPN is pathetic.

I dont think college GameDay has mentioned the acc championship game once so far. ESPN is pathetic.

It’s basically another sec network at this point. I turned it off. I wish the ACCN was doing more stuff today.

Kiss of death both Corso and JerkStreit just picked us. Jerk said its because our defense gets a late turnover.

Back