• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

That’s where my talent theory comes into play. The gap between Clemson and Pitt/State is small enough for Pitt/State to beat Clemson with experience and coaching. The gap between Pitt/State and Wake is small enough for Wake to beat Pitt/State with experience and coaching. But the gap between Clemson and Wake is too big for Wake to beat Clemson with experience and coaching.
State and Pitt got Clemson when they sucked. Clemson would clobber both today.

State and Pitt got Clemson when they sucked. Clemson would clobber both today.

Clemson had a bunch of guys injured early. Took Dabo and staff a while to get the talented but inexperienced backups to gel. They were mediocre early but had things together by senior day when Wake played them.

meh, both clemson and fsu played well in their season openers. i read an article that showed how most narratives of teams getting significantly better or worse over the season are almost always BS, which i generally agree with. remember, the computers thought clemson was good at the middle of the year, even removing the preseason component.

i think the bigger difference is that ncst and pitt got clemson at home. plus the general fact that anything can happen in one game.

Pickett is ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year. Hate that he’s getting all the accolades instead of Hartman.

… yet I also love it

having watched a lotta Pitt FB this year: Pickett is really good

meh, both clemson and fsu played well in their season openers. i read an article that showed how most narratives of teams getting significantly better or worse over the season are almost always BS, which i generally agree with. remember, the computers thought clemson was good at the middle of the year, even removing the preseason component.

i think the bigger difference is that ncst and pitt got clemson at home. plus the general fact that anything can happen in one game.

and WF got Clemson when its back was against the wall, wounded animal not wanting someone else to win a trophy on their field

I’m sure they’ll be fine by Saturday.

It appears that WF has superior flu vaccination and prevention policies than recent opponents.

It appears that WF has superior flu vaccination and prevention policies than recent opponents.

Private school, lower enrollment, fewer day students, easier to isolate from the general student body...makes sense.

having watched a lotta Pitt FB this year: Pickett is really good

He's good. Weird how all we heard all season was how good Wake was because of the Covid super-seniors. Like that's the only way this could be possible. How many of those start on offense? I really don't know. What I do know is Pitt wouldn't be playing this Saturday without their super senior at QB.

Defensive Efficiency Ratings for the teams WF has played:

5. Clemson
12. NC State
28. Pitt
40. FSU - believe we caught them at a good time
55. Boston College
56. Army
<59. Wake Forest>
68. Syracuse
69. Louisville nice
76. ODU
81. UNC
108. UVA
115. Duke

so, Pitt is a tier below Clemson/NC State, but better than the rest of our schedule on the defensive side of the ball.

potential bowl opponents: Ole Miss #35, UCLA #67, Arizona State #27

Those numbers also reflect that Pitt hasn’t played one of the best offenses in the country and those other opponents have.

hard to believe that there are defensive efficiency ratings worse than ours

Back