• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 ACC Championship Thread: WAKE vs. PITT (Dec 4 - 8pm)

4 to 1 where, not in the stands? Multiple people said Wake probably had more in the stands, if only slightly.

There were far more Wake fans than Pitt fans at the game. But there were a lot more Pitt fans than I expected.

Ugh yeah, they were as bad as any ACC fans I've ever encountered. Just zero humility or recognition that they'd been absolutely gifted some shit. Sitting in the middle of a WFU section and talking shit too.

Also wanted to chime in and say that the Pitt fans were awful. All of this above is true.

The Pitt fans in 228 were vile drunken twats the whole game.

I'd call the crowd about 60-40 Wake if not slightly more.

Will be interesting to see if Dave makes some moves off-season. Michigan and Baylor overhauled key coaching positions and things seem to have worked out quite well for them.

I don’t think there will be coaching changes this off-season. I think Hemphill has done a nice job the last couple weeks. Our defense played championship football. And our offense just needs some tweaking. Unless there is a personnel issue between Clawson and a staff member that we done know about, I doubt there will be any changes

I don’t think there will be coaching changes this off-season. I think Hemphill has done a nice job the last couple weeks. Our defense played championship football. And our offense just needs some tweaking. Unless there is a personnel issue between Clawson and a staff member that we done know about, I doubt there will be any changes

To get to the next level, there have to be some changes. Where is up to Clawson.

To get to the next level, there have to be some changes. Where is up to Clawson.

What are we going to do? Fire our DC and go hire Ed Orgeron? The next step is to do better with recruiting. Which we will. The incoming class has some elite talent I believe. This coaching staff has taken us from 3-9, to 10-2 and ACCCG birth with now 6 straight bowls. This isn’t the ceiling to Clawson. It’s just the beginning

Had zero problems with pitt fans. They showed up 4-1 to wake fans and every one I met was courteous. Absolute meltdown from Sam. Most inept offense I’ve ever seen. Scored a TD on first three drives and then absolutely stunk up the place. Incredibly frustrating.

Sam didn’t play well but don’t you dare put this on him. This is on the offensive staff and offensive staff alone. The defensive played well enough to give us a chance.

The blue print to beat us is out there now and we can expect every team to do it until we figure out a counter. Our oline getting blown up like against Clemson and Pitt while running go route 50yds down field and Sam having to prayer heave it or tuck it every play is not getting it done.

The fake injuries after every positive play is absolutely ridiculous.

A "blue print" to beat the Deacs is overstating it imho. That blue print starts with having a defensive line that can dominate us and shut down our running game and rush Sam on every throw. Only Clemson and Pitt had that. Sure, faking injuries to slow us down can help, but it's not some universal plan to beating us.

Light upgrades on defense and the O-line would put us back with a great shot to repeat next year in the Atlantic. Down 3 in the 3rd quarter is not some mandate to blow everything up.

Sam has been under-throwing the deep ball to the left seam all year

missed a TD last night in the first half

A little handful of Pitt fans were an issue, but most were good.

Some idiot in a Carolina shirt was a jackass before the game.

Good first quarter and even into the third I kept expecting a break to go our way.

Good to be in a group of deacons. Been a long time for me.

Good to meet some new people.
Good to spend time with my brothers
Good my wife wasn’t there to see my jaw drop at how much “talent” the deacons had in the stands old and recent grads. ESP the redhead in the 10 gold. Baseball jersey. I’m old, so maybe I’m forgetting, or it’s recency bias.

Now please let my head feel better, let me go back to sleep, and give us Jax or Orlando for a bowl

What are we going to do? Fire our DC and go hire Ed Orgeron? The next step is to do better with recruiting. Which we will. The incoming class has some elite talent I believe. This coaching staff has taken us from 3-9, to 10-2 and ACCCG birth with now 6 straight bowls. This isn’t the ceiling to Clawson. It’s just the beginning

I think I clearly stated, but will repeat again, "Where is up to Clawson." You're asking the wrong person. I'm not the one making millions to coach a football team. He is.

Well my voice is completely fucking shot today and my daughter is worried that I am sick

The ability to yell really loud for extended periods of time wasn’t an ability I expected to lose with youth. Guess my larynx got old?

There were plenty of screens to Roberson and one each to CBS and Cooley. There were too many screens.

And they generally went for 5+ yards (cooleys was for 8?) so why too many when they are bringing the house and we good positive yards each time???

Back