• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Championship - looking for and discussing Tickets and Accomodations

Stopped by fan fest, it was like 95% Pitt. I’m seeing more WF fans just walking around uptown.

Stadium is only an hour from my house. I suspect that is the case for a vast majority of our fans tomorrow. 1-2 hour drive tops.

Hard to justify a fanfest in my own city and all the non CLT Deac fans I know within driving distance are coming in tomorrow. Definitely an activity for out of towners.

Looking at Google, Pittsburgh is over seven hours from Charlotte. By the time you add in gas/toilet/food breaks, you're looking at an 8 hour drive. Even for an 8 pm game, that's a long day just to get down there that same day. I'd think most would drive down on the Friday and not be tired for Saturday.

The pep rally/fan fest in Jax in 2006 was heavily skewed GaTech. The band didn't even learn the Wake fight song
A fellow Wake alum had to convince the organizers to let Jim play the fight song a few times to balance things out.

I work with a huge Pitt fan and he claims Pitt will have a big presence but that many will be wearing penguin or Steelers jerseys.

parking at a station and taking the train in-is it safe with your family?

On the train from Cary to CLT - a good number of Deacon fans and I bet we'll pick up more in G'boro and Kannapolis. Also a few Pitt fans sprinkled in... Get hyped!

Where are people hanging out during the day today? Any Deacon gathering spots downtown? We may end up at the Doghouse near game time...

Plenty of spots at 604 Cedar!!! :)
449da9fc8fff95518a893650f432f510.jpg

On the train from Cary to CLT - a good number of Deacon fans and I bet we'll pick up more in G'boro and Kannapolis. Also a few Pitt fans sprinkled in... Get hyped!

Where are people hanging out during the day today? Any Deacon gathering spots downtown? We may end up at the Doghouse near game time...

Looking for a recommendation where to catch the 4pm games with some Deacon fans. Just my wife and I and she’s tired of my fun facts and hot takes.

Looking for a recommendation where to catch the 4pm games with some Deacon fans. Just my wife and I and she’s tired of my fun facts and hot takes.

Good question. We are at World of Beer at Epicenter and there are WAY too many Pitt people here...

Good question. We are at World of Beer at Epicenter and there are WAY too many Pitt people here...
Epicenter is still open? Weird. Thought I read a story about most of the occupants leaving and it being bankrupt. Shows how much I go downtown.

Been like that at every place so far. Beer garden was probably 30-1 pitt to wake.

Probably headed to the rooftop at the AC Marriott (22nd floor) at 5 for a drink and then start walking toward the stadium.

I’m at the D9 taproom right now and granted no games on but I’m the only person here. Much better than Mellow Mushroom where I was earlier.

Back