• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Championship - looking for and discussing Tickets and Accomodations

If you’re looking for cheaper hotel options outside of the Uptown/South End area:

Book a hotel in University City area and take the light rail from UNCC campus to/from the game.

South Park has nicer hotels but may be better priced than anything in Uptown currently

Ballantyne is also a decent option but you’ll have to Uber to/from the game and I’m guessing that’ll be pretty decently pricey

Other options: Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Ayersly, Matthews, Monroe, Mint Hill, Airport area. Some of these are 30+ minutes out but again you’re gonna find way cheaper hotels here.

Can’t emphasize enough how much leveraging the light rail will save you $$ on transportation. Buy a $2 one way ticket and you’re golden.

If you’re looking for cheaper hotel options outside of the Uptown/South End area:

Book a hotel in University City area and take the light rail from UNCC campus to/from the game.

South Park has nicer hotels but may be better priced than anything in Uptown currently

Ballantyne is also a decent option but you’ll have to Uber to/from the game and I’m guessing that’ll be pretty decently pricey

Other options: Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Ayersly, Matthews, Monroe, Mint Hill, Airport area. Some of these are 30+ minutes out but again you’re gonna find way cheaper hotels here.

Can’t emphasize enough how much leveraging the light rail will save you $$ on transportation. Buy a $2 one way ticket and you’re golden.

That's what I'm planning to do. I'm not getting a hotel but I'm going to park at either the Old Concord Rd station or the Sugar Creek Rd station and ride the train. Is Stonewall the best place to get off for the stadium?

That's what I'm planning to do. I'm not getting a hotel but I'm going to park at either the Old Concord Rd station or the Sugar Creek Rd station and ride the train. Is Stonewall the best place to get off for the stadium?

Yes, if you're walking straight to the stadium, Stonewall or Carson is probably the best option.

bought my tix on SH that were transferred over from Ticketmaster. I went into my TM account and added the tix to my Apple Wallet, but no barcode and it's giving me the "hold near reader" icon the iPhone uses for Apple Pay. is that something new from TM that it'll scan this way?

bought my tix on SH that were transferred over from Ticketmaster. I went into my TM account and added the tix to my Apple Wallet, but no barcode and it's giving me the "hold near reader" icon the iPhone uses for Apple Pay. is that something new from TM that it'll scan this way?

I bought mine on Ticketmaster and they are the same as you describe. But the tickets in my Ticketmaster wallet do have the barcode.

I obtained two club level seats AND a hotel room downtown for Sat. night from a kind Clemson fan... He booked the room a year ago so the rate is awesome!

I am getting ready to cancel a reservation I made for Fri+Sat at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Southpark, unless someone needs a room and wants me to transfer it to them - PM me if interested. It was $350.36 for the two nights.

Yeah that's how the mobile tickets work when added to Apple wallet. It basically works just like Apple Pay, they hold their scanner near you phone and it reads it. They have been using it for Hurricanes games for at least the past year and they had the same thing at DPAC last week for a concert. It works quite well and you don't have to worry about cell signal being overloaded trying to get tickets loaded from the internet.

Yeah that's how the mobile tickets work when added to Apple wallet. It basically works just like Apple Pay, they hold their scanner near you phone and it reads it. They have been using it for Hurricanes games for at least the past year and they had the same thing at DPAC last week for a concert. It works quite well and you don't have to worry about cell signal being overloaded trying to get tickets loaded from the internet.

I mean I've done plenty of TM tix in my Apple Wallet, including 6 concerts this fall, and all had barcodes, so this was new to me.

Hopefully you're not counting on your car being there when you get back there at 1am.

Good info. I have the same issue - SH via TM with no bar code. Sounds like there shouldn't be any problem.

I’m looking at around $1500 for a solo trip. Happy to do it. Peach, Gator, or Cheez-It would be much cheaper so don’t mind at all.

I’ll catch up with you there.

talked to PLAMA and got convinced to do a real quick (20 hrs) solo trip as well.

if anyone has a spare tick in a monte section i’d be interested

I bought tickets through stub hub but the tickets transferred to me were different. Very similar, same row and seat numbers but section 512 instead of 517.

Trying to deal with StubHub but they are only taking customer inquiries for events taking place in the next 48 hrs.

Anyone deal with something like that in the past?

Anybody else just get an email from Subway with free tickets? It said to log into the ACC app through Ticketmaster and there were 2 free tickets sitting in my account in Section 256. Maybe I'll go buy a $5 footlong.

Anybody else just get an email from Subway with free tickets? It said to log into the ACC app through Ticketmaster and there were 2 free tickets sitting in my account in Section 256. Maybe I'll go buy a $5 footlong.

Who has more Sub Club points, Palma or 2&2?

Back