• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Championship - looking for and discussing Tickets and Accomodations

Is the ticket window for tomorrow totally busted now? I was going to see the options there before hitting the secondary market. If the allotment is "gone" - does the school get more block tix or it was first come first served and now we are on our own?

I have everything else booked at this point.

I know this is late. I also went on last night, since my 'window' was noon today. After getting access, got the message that the block was sold out and go to stub hub or maybe ticketmaster.

Went there an grabbed a ticket. While the ticket is fine I could have done then two days earlier if I thought we'd sell all our tickets.

I see they sent an email at 6:45 yesterday saying they were sold out.

I know this is late. I also went on last night, since my 'window' was noon today. After getting access, got the message that the block was sold out and go to stub hub or maybe ticketmaster.

Went there an grabbed a ticket. While the ticket is fine I could have done then two days earlier if I thought we'd sell all our tickets.

I see they sent an email at 6:45 yesterday saying they were sold out.

What's the summary here? You're upset because WFU sold more tix than....you expected?

For those of you who are looking for cheap/reasonably priced hotels close to the stadium, read the following that I posted on 247:

“So I just booked using the above link:

https://www.gamedaytravelhotels.com/

This is in fact a legit service and I had a great experience. I booked a hotel about 0.5 mile away from Bank of America stadium for around $160 dollars, which is way cheaper than anything you’ll find on kayak or hotels.com. You will pay through PayPal, receive a confirmation email from PayPal, then will be sent an email soon after “gamedaytravelhotels” with your confirmation number and link to the hotel where you can confirm your reservation. Jay with customer service was excellent and answered all my questions. If anyone is still looking for a hotel close to the stadium, I’d recommend this service for sure. I cancelled my other hotel that was three miles further after I booked with this service.”

For those of you who are looking for cheap/reasonably priced hotels close to the stadium, read the following that I posted on 247:

This is in fact a legit service and I had a great experience. I booked a hotel about 0.5 mile away from Bank of America stadium for around $160 dollars, which is way cheaper than anything you’ll find on kayak or hotels.com. You will pay through PayPal, receive a confirmation email from PayPal, then will be sent an email soon after “gamedaytravelhotels” with your confirmation number and link to the hotel where you can confirm your reservation. Jay with customer service was excellent and answered all my questions. If anyone is still looking for a hotel close to the stadium, I’d recommend this service for sure. I cancelled my other hotel that was three miles further after I booked with this service.”

I always pay for my hotels via PayPal. Definitely seems legit.

The Groupon deal just added tickets in WF's Club Section (323) if anyone is looking for a good deal on club level tickets. I had an offer from PayPal to get $10 off a Groupon so maybe check your Paypal account to see if that offer is available to you as well.

Last edited:
I'm buying on the secondary market. What sections are Wake sections? Is there a map anywhere showing the Wake crowd block or something?

Yup. Missed it. Thanks.

For those who have been to BOA, what are the best seats? I haven't been to a Wake game in a few years, so I'm going all out. Are there certain sections/rows that would be best?

I just need to know where to park and if I can reserve a parking spot ahead of time.

I might have a couple extra club seats in 309 (Wake section) for $190 per. PM me if interested.

Go Deacs!

What's the summary here? You're upset because WFU sold more tix than....you expected?

Surprised that they sold out (or didn't request enough tickets) to even get to the plain Deacon Club window. Given our size, you'd probably want to have enough tickets to satisfy the Deacon Club membership if not Alumni as well. And the complaint against us by the other bowls has always been we can't sell the tickets.

Just bad form to have people waiting for a window that never is going to come, it just limited by choices by time they announced they were gone and I had to pay ticket master $30+ for each ticket.

Surprised that they sold out (or didn't request enough tickets) to even get to the plain Deacon Club window. Given our size, you'd probably want to have enough tickets to satisfy the Deacon Club membership if not Alumni as well. And the complaint against us by the other bowls has always been we can't sell the tickets.

Just bad form to have people waiting for a window that never is going to come, it just limited by choices by time they announced they were gone and I had to pay ticket master $30+ for each ticket.

So what you’re upset about is not wake forests fault it’s the ACCs fault. They start selling tickets to the game in June via 3rd parties such as the WS Dash, Charlotte sports foundation, etc. They set aside ~20,000-25,000 tickets for both schools allotments. Everything else is sold before hand if possible. The reason neither school can get more than what was put aside months in advance is because it will look odd to have full sections upstairs full while downstairs is 3/4 full. Also they’ve tarped off sections of upstairs most likely sold for advertisements.

I just got a room at the Embassy Suites a mile from the stadium for less than $200. This service is actually legit. Beautiful.

So what's the tailgate situation for the game? Any ideas on which lots around the stadium?

If you have Hyatt or Chase points the Hyatt House Center City and Hyatt Place are both 8k/night Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for the tip! Just booked at the Doubletree a mile from the stadium using the service.

so if you ordered through wake, they get emailed/released today?

Thanks for the tip! Just booked at the Doubletree a mile from the stadium using the service.

No problem. It’s impossible to find reasonably priced hotels this late and that website saved me. I don’t have to worry about driving after the game since I can now walk to my hotel. I’m also at the doubletree! Glad you got a room.

So what's the tailgate situation for the game? Any ideas on which lots around the stadium?
Will be in the Cedar Yards Lot on Cedar Street, same place we were for the A&M game in 2018. Plenty of Wake folks back then, lot has good green space behind each spot for tailgate setup. Greenway walk 2 blocks to the stadium.

Back