• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any Benefits to Deacon Club Points & Rank?

The changes were made due to IRS changes, nothing at all prompted by previous/current Athletic Directors. Wake actually sent out a pretty lengthy letter a few years ago to Donors explaining why they had to make this change. Basically, if they would have kept the same reward system, these contributions would no longer have been deemed a charitable gift and thus would no longer be tax deductible under new IRS rules. I could only imagine the consequences of giving levels if these contributions wouldn't have been tax deductible/charitable.

I"m sure we have an accountant on the boards that can explain it better, but from my understanding, all colleges were forced to change from that type of model.

I don't think I knew that and if it was discussed on here I forgot about it. Thanks for the info.

I still have plenty of minor gripes with the DC, however.

I believe that it pertains to season tickets and events in a university’s stadiums, not postseason allocation, as current giving level would appear to be an even more direct payment for tickets.

Back