• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 8: Northwestern Wildcats @ LJVM: 9 pm ESPNU Tuesday

Jake is clutch. Wow. A win is a win I guess. We should have won this game by 10+ though.

Fuck off Buie you twat. I’d love to see Alondes just level him after all that shit talking.

This is Laravia and Alondes team with Williamson as their sidekick and contributions from others, but desperately need more quality mins from big men with rebounding and inside presence.

Tough win against a comparable bubbleish team.

Key stat. 10 turnovers. Only 6 by the starters. 15 points off NW’s 10 turnovers.

I’ll take it. We need to find a place to watch the Va Tech game on Saturday.

I’ll throw in a pitch to watch Wake’s 7-0 women’s squad vs 7-0 Nebraska tomorrow on the ESPN app.

A rather amazing number of non-calls in our favor down the stretch.

That’s a great win for us. Lots of teachable moments and we need to have a backup plan for when our shots aren’t falling…but love our intensity on D and when we run our O, our ball movement is fantastic

Great effort! Just too many bad many decisions and shots. Lucky that NW made some mistakes.

Really hope some of these other folks on the bench can provide valuable minutes by January because our bench is way too short.

No matter what though, I’m thrilled with a win!

We're not contenders, but we need more butts in the seats. I know I'll be planting mine and my household's there real soon.

nice win!

fwiw, i don’t really think the shots at the end were particularly bad even though we missed all of them. at every level, offenses are less effective towards the end of games (when you are trying to both drain clock and avoid turnovers and refs are less likely to call fouls). an open 3 for a guy like mucius who shoots roughly 35% from there is something i think you would always take. similar with the shot alondes took at the end of the game.

Good game.

Lucky with that last NW turnover.

LaRavia with the points in OT but definitely a team win.

With better consistency we can beat a lot of teams remaining on our schedule.

This is Laravia and Alondes team with Williamson as their sidekick and contributions from others, but desperately need more quality mins from big men with rebounding and inside presence.

This.

Lack of quality big men will hurt during ACC games.

I'm still not sure we realized live how RIDICULOUSLY hard that shot Jake made with 1:55 was. He backed his guy in, pivoted, to his strong hand, then realized there was defensive help and somehow the ball ended up in his left hand and he basically made a shot put with his off hand from 5 feet while getting fouled. Unreal.

Williams takes nothing from anyone. That guy is confident and he will be the one to hold us up in some harsh road environments.

Back