• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Warren Ruggiero and Josh Gattis named Broyles Award finalists (Gattis won)

Gotta be the Georgia DC right

That depends. What is more impressive--a #1 defense with a roster of 5* NFL prospects on a preseason #5 team, or a #3 offense with a roster of "under the radar" players on a team picked to finish next to last in the ACC Atlantic division?

Not being a homer but there have to be more assistants that could be successful with Georgia's defense than Wake's offense. Otherwise just give the award to the DC on whatever team wins the SEC every year.

Last edited:
That depends. What is more impressive--a #1 defense with a roster of 5* NFL prospects on a preseason #5 team, or a #3 offense with a roster of "under the radar" players on a team picked to finish next to last in the ACC Atlantic division?

Not being a homer but there have to be more assistants that could be successful with Georgia's defense than Wake's offense. Otherwise just give the award to the DC on whatever team wins the SEC every year.

while I don't disagree with your analysis, I don't think the voters will do much more than see Georgia D #1 on an undefeated team, therefore asst coach of the year.

Yep. Sarkisian won last year. Joe Brady the year before that. Seems like they just take a coordinator from the top team.

Yep. Sarkisian won last year. Joe Brady the year before that. Seems like they just take a coordinator from the top team.

Voters and writers being lazy in their analysis of college sports? My heavens! *clutches pearls*

Ruggerio innovated something that will probably be imitated a decent amount (in limited packages) all over the country in the next few years. That’s not something that happens all that often in CFB.

Voters and writers being lazy in their analysis of college sports? My heavens! *clutches pearls*

Ruggerio innovated something that will probably be imitated a decent amount (in limited packages) all over the country in the next few years. That’s not something that happens all that often in CFB.

How many college quarterbacks are going to learn the reads like Sam has? Good reads by the QB can make the D "wrong" all the time.

Back