• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Bringing the Heat

I think it's a breath of fresh air to have both Clawson and Forbes. Neither are going to take any shit from anyone. Clawson has probably been waiting for this counter-punch for at least a month.

Also, with Herbstreit, there should be a required scroll at the bottom of the screen anytime he discusses the ACC. *** This commentator's two sons attended Clemson ***

Awesome. And you are right they attend, but actually do not play football there. They just wear the uniforms.

This is wrong. It's excellent he gave Herbstreit a slightly disguised "fuck you." He earned it.

They both did, actually. I love it. Herbstreit making a non-football argument against Wake Forest getting into the playoff is one of the highest compliments that are person like him could inadvertently pay Wake's program. He's never felt the need to do that until an 8-0 Wake team began looking like a candidate to take a spot from his Buckeyes/Tigers.

Speaking of, how many tickets did your Buckeyes and Tigers sell to their championship games this weekend, Kirk?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d love to see the six fan comment from Herbstreit. Anyone know where I could find a clip of it?

Love it. He might have been a tad too sarcastic for some but well done. Embrace who you are, not who you aren't. Could have slipped in something about how the 36 tickets covered all of the students in one of our largest classes (ie those 36 tickets covered everyone in Mike's 101 Chem's class) with 10 left over.

I have to imagine this will be featured on Game Day.

I’m sure it will be on Packer and Durham, especially if they do Conference Cuts.

Our ESPN Gameday was pandemic home game against Clemson last year.

ALL we need is another Gameday, with fans, and I think ole Kirk will know we exist. They will dub out all the "fuck you Kirk" clap clap clap, but we could get creative with signage.

DC is making a bigger point with subtlety. When these no nothing influencers say stupid things about how fans spend money for seats at post season games it ultimately impacts ad sales for broadcasts. That impacts every member in the ACC. ESPN isn’t helped either. He’s saying cut out the stupid talk that is costing us money. More importantly, stop trying to derail WF’s hard fought work to build a larger following of NON-alumni supporters. Good for Dave. Good for Currie. Good for Wente. Good for the student body.

The Chairman of the Peach Bowl was on local radio today and one of the hosts asked him “You mentioned the Peach has to have the ACC champion and let’s be honest neither team is as sexy as years past. Is that an issue or is it an opportunity for new blood.”

The response was great.

Pitt and Wake are both in the Top 4 of scoring offenses and the two best QBs in the ACC are Kenny Pickett and Sam Hartman. Scoring is great for bowl games and great for viewer interest and we are in prime time.

You talk about potentially getting an Ole Miss and the score could be 99 to 100.

Was that the actual response?

National sports media is just like all other types of national media. Full of agenda-driven dooshes whose opinions aren't worth the hot air they bellow out. The only reason we aren't "sexy" is because the talking heads are saying we aren't. Kirk and others like him are sell outs to the giant football factory colleges and conferences. They went to giant public schools and as we see every time we play (and beat) state, they start clamoring about seating capacity and small fan bases. So dumb. Kirk wears clown shoes. What of value does he really add to anything?

The Chairman of the Peach Bowl was on local radio today and one of the hosts asked him “You mentioned the Peach has to have the ACC champion and let’s be honest neither team is as sexy as years past. Is that an issue or is it an opportunity for new blood.”

The response was great.

Pitt and Wake are both in the Top 4 of scoring offenses and the two best QBs in the ACC are Kenny Pickett and Sam Hartman. Scoring is great for bowl games and great for viewer interest and we are in prime time.

You talk about potentially getting an Ole Miss and the score could be 99 to 100.

That seems noteworthy that the Peach Bowl has to take the ACC Champ, right? Wasn’t aware that was obligated and thought either at large was in play when the Orange hosts the CFP.

That seems noteworthy that the Peach Bowl has to take the ACC Champ, right? Wasn’t aware that was obligated and thought either at large was in play when the Orange hosts the CFP.

I find that interesting too. Honestly, when it comes to the ACC bowl games, no one really knows anything.

The Peach will be a top 10 vs. 11-13 matchup. That’s nothing unusual. After getting shit on all season, the ACC has four top 20 teams, as many as the Big Ten and more than the Pac-12 and Big 12.

Herbstreit talking shit isn’t doing espn any favors either. You’d think they’d want their talking heads playing up a game that’s going to be on their network.

Herbstreit talking shit isn’t doing espn any favors either. You’d think they’d want their talking heads playing up a game that’s going to be on their network.

…opposite Michigan-Iowa.

Back