• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Bringing the Heat

when you constantly get dissed because your name is Wake Forest it is a good idea to call it out. Clawson has arguably out performed the other state schools during his tenure and gets no respect.

I'd say it's inarguable

Herbstreit should be fired, I’ve heard from multiple people he’s garbage off the cameras as well. I give Pollack credit for praising Wake with the ‘I apologize for doubting you!’ on Twitter after the Herbstreit dap.

Herbstreit should be fired, I’ve heard from multiple people he’s garbage off the cameras as well. I give Pollack credit for praising Wake with the ‘I apologize for doubting you!’ on Twitter after the Herbstreit dap.

Well, by running his fat mouth, he was trashing his own employer's product for this Saturday night. I don't get his visceral hatred for Wake Forest. Makes no sense.

Well, by running his fat mouth, he was trashing his own employer's product for this Saturday night. I don't get his visceral hatred for Wake Forest. Makes no sense.

IIRC- it has something to with when tOSU played Air Force when Herbie was a player. Grobe was an assistant and Lobo was an OL for AFA. Apparently, Herbie didn’t like the cut blocking and that’s when he started to dislike Grobe and then WF. Still- grow a pair Herbie - not to mention Grobe isn’t the coach here anymore and hasn’t been for 8 years. It’s not just slight digs - it’s unprofessional and pointed

So as a tOSU QB, he was so upset about AF cut blocking in the 1990 Liberty that he’s held a 30 year grudge against the AF LB coach and a AF OL that continued to when that coach was a head coach and that OL was a player? And continues to that school where they coached well after they left?

Seemed like Packer took the slight personally. Good on him for calling out some of these journalist for what they are. At least Leaf from his preseason projection and Pollack from his constant doubting have apologized.

I would think that it’s pretty simple and straightforward. His salary comes from covering a sport that is massively popular. We’re a small school which he thinks will dampen excitement for said sport. So he pumps up the blue bloods and downplays the outsiders. Keep that gravy train rolling. It’s understandable, though misguided and petty.

I always liked Herbie, really disappointed in his wise cracks. I'm really proud of Packer's comments and Clawson calling that "stuff" out. Herbie is on the shit list at this point unless he apologizes. I guess he'll probably stay on the shit list......

So as a tOSU QB, he was so upset about AF cut blocking in the 1990 Liberty that he’s held a 30 year grudge against the AF LB coach and a AF OL that continued to when that coach was a head coach and that OL was a player? And continues to that school where they coached well after they left?

I know- makes no sense - but I recall someone on this board posting that a while back - feel like it was during the 2006-2008 Grobe run- maybe it was rjkarl? He is usually spot on about random WF history facts

The thing about Herbstreit is he's not that good of a color commentator anymore, as he has become all fluff. He's kind of like Dick Vitale - but without all the stupid little sayings (he's a PTPer baby!!).

Back