• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Bringing the Heat

“The 6th Fan”
This is what I was thinking, except "The 6th Man" a la aTm's 12th Man.... And we could repurpose for basketball too.

But i think i like yours better.

Maybe we have "The 6th Fan" for fball and "The 6th Man" for bball.

It’s all fun to think about platforming a slogan off of Herbstreit’s denigration of WF but probably best to never inadvertently give Herbstreit the credit in printed fandom.

Listen to the entire Clawson interview. He is very pointed in his comments that college football is broken and needs to be fixed. He is an advocate for the players and doesn't pull any punches. Dave at his best.

This is what I was thinking, except "The 6th Man" a la aTm's 12th Man.... And we could repurpose for basketball too.

But i think i like yours better.

Maybe we have "The 6th Fan" for fball and "The 6th Man" for bball.

Give all the Wake fans at the game a "6th Man" placard to hold up.

Appreciated and enjoyed Clawson's comments. It has almost become a story in itself. I believe it was Josh Graham yesterday talking about it and interviewed Currie. Currie had a good interview, too. Talked about stability while the rest of college football seems to be crazy. Was excited to hear a comment about using that to our advantage possibly picking up some personnel who could be picked off in all the mess. Maybe he was meaning transfers but I'm hoping they are also thinking about assistants/coordinators.

Appreciated and enjoyed Clawson's comments. It has almost become a story in itself. I believe it was Josh Graham yesterday talking about it and interviewed Currie. Currie had a good interview, too. Talked about stability while the rest of college football seems to be crazy. Was excited to hear a comment about using that to our advantage possibly picking up some personnel who could be picked off in all the mess. Maybe he was meaning transfers but I'm hoping they are also thinking about assistants/coordinators.

Some from both categories would be nice. The next Miles Fox, for instance. I think he is completing his eligibility this season.

I don’t know if he’s stupid. I do know he has no incentive to be smart.

As my friend Ken Jeong said "As a doctor I used to get paid a lot to be smart. Now I'm being paid a whole lot more to be stupid"

I don’t know if he’s stupid. I do know he has no incentive to be smart.

Yeah he isn’t dumb. But he has dumbed down his routine catering to all the mouth breathing sec and big fans that he is pretty much a joke at this point. Nothing serious about him or game day.

I like the "6th fan" deal and would probably buy a shirt.

Seems like we want to show we have ONE MORE fan or more than 6 (what an idiot), so the "7th fan" is the real rub it in Herbstreit's face.

7th fan
6th fan

Seems solid either way.

There's also a Gameday t-shirt online with Herbstreit's face, which I was mulling last night...how to X out his face...

Gameday is just a hype machine for the big programs with a segment about a cancer survivor each week to make you cry.

AIR, didn’t Clawson give Stephen Colbert a verbal thrashing for his garbage commencement speech in which he mocked Wake football?

I like the "6th fan" deal and would probably buy a shirt.

Seems like we want to show we have ONE MORE fan or more than 6 (what an idiot), so the "7th fan" is the real rub it in Herbstreit's face.

7th fan
6th fan

Seems solid either way.

I thought about that too. But the word “6th” is what resonates because it’s was the term used by both Clawson and Herbstreit. I think a sea of people wearing “I’m the 6th Fan” makes the point well.

There's no maybe about it. He is stupid. And not funny or entertaining. I never watch Gameday because of him and because of how tired Corso's routine is.

It really bothers me that they wheel out the stroke victim each week to recycle his antiquated schtick. I like Lee Corso, but he is a shell of his former self now and it's really become offensive how they use him on the show.

I’m kind of surprised many people watch Gameday anymore. ACC, Big 10, and SEC all have their own pregame shows. I highly prefer The Huddle to Gameday and just watch that. I assume fans of the ACC and other conferences just watch theirs as well. I also assume PAC 12 has their own Saturday morning show for the 5 people that get the channel.

Back