• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Turgeon & Maryland part ways; Danny Manning is interim coach

Money wise the move to the Big 10 may have been good for Maryland, but athletically they are an afterthought in that league.

Basketball has been pretty good though right?

VT fans having fun with the fact that they have apparently driven Bronco Mendenhall and Mark Turgeon out.

VT fans having fun with the fact that they have apparently driven Bronco Mendenhall and Mark Turgeon out.

They should be proud. That’s hilarious.

I think this is the saddest I've been that Maryland left the ACC since their exit

so what happened? turgeon signed an extension in April 2021

LOL wut???? This is a great fuck you to a school that jilted the ACC. Oh yeah? Well take 1 of the 2 worst coaches in ACC history and put him in charge of your most important sport!

Press release makes it sound like Manning is the second coming. Funny thing is that they made no mention of his won/loss record.

That is the biggest fluff of shit I've ever read.

I guess [Redacted] didn't return their calls?

is there a more forgettable P5 school than Maryland these days? I don't recall the last time I saw them play anything at all and regularly forget that the entire state and school exist.

Only others I can think of are: Vandy, Cal, Stanford, Northwestern - except those are all actually good schools. When you look for that unique mix of terrible athletics and mediocre education, Maryland is truly in a class of its own. Maybe Oregon State is on this trajectory?

#MarylandToTheSunBeltConference

is there a more forgettable P5 school than Maryland these days? I don't recall the last time I saw them play anything at all and regularly forget that the entire state and school exist.

Only others I can think of are: Vandy, Cal, Stanford, Northwestern - except those are all actually good schools. When you look for that unique mix of terrible athletics and mediocre education, Maryland is truly in a class of its own. Maybe Oregon State is on this trajectory?

Their other Big 10 addition from the same time: Rutgers.

There's always Rutgers - but they have pretty much always been terrible at everything.

Rutgers says hello.

Bubble Boy, I laughed.

I grew up a yuge Terp fan in Balmur. But when they left the ACC, they became dead to me, kinda like the Colts when they left. I don't actively hate UMd or the Colts, like I do Duke, UNC or State. But I don't go out of my way to catch their games - only football or hoops game I've seen of theirs this year was the other night against VT, and that was because I was tuning in for VT.

Back