• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Turgeon & Maryland part ways; Danny Manning is interim coach

The "paint touches" count was 6 on Sunday.

59124f214babc4ba10ec81b7331b2467.jpg

I just watched the press conference. Manning has an amazing skill of talking for minutes without saying anything.

And yes, he said paint touches 5 or 6 times in response to a single question about offensive philosophy.

I have to say, he's much less painful to watch when it isn't your team he is coaching.

I just watched the press conference. Manning has an amazing skill of talking for minutes without saying anything.

And yes, he said paint touches 5 or 6 times in response to a single question about offensive philosophy.

I have to say, he's much less painful to watch when it isn't your team he is coaching.

Yeah - it's probably amusing now. When Clawson or Forbes talk about what went wrong in the postgame, you get the feel that they truly have a sense for the issue(s) and what needs to be done to correct them. With Manning, you had no sense at all that he could fix problems. Or that he even knew there were problems. He would just mumble the same cliches every single time.

Yeah - it's probably amusing now. When Clawson or Forbes talk about what went wrong in the postgame, you get the feel that they truly have a sense for the issue(s) and what needs to be done to correct them. With Manning, you had no sense at all that he could fix problems. Or that he even knew there were problems. He would just mumble the same cliches every single time.

Manning was bad at pressers, though I'd add that it's difficult to be good at them when you're the coach of a team that sucks ass. But he was nowhere near as bad at them as the combination of [name redacted] and Wellman - all time worst at it in any sport at any level.

James Graham transferring cuz he already didn’t want to play for Manning once

Maryland beat top 25 ranked Florida yesterday. I hope he does enough this year to land the head coaching job there for many years to come.

Maryland beat top 25 ranked Florida yesterday. I hope he does enough this year to land the head coaching job there for many years to come.

Florida lost to Texas Southern last week. They didn't even belong in the Top 25 after that loss. Mike White is on thin ice.

Florida is not a quality win.

Manning has 9 lives.

Careful. Beating Florida is better than any win WF has right now. At this point, could care less about any limited success DM has at MD, unless both MD and WF are on the bubble. Regardless of what happens with DM for the rest of his basketball coaching career, he was a disaster at WF. Don't need him to fail at other schools to validate that position.

Careful. Beating Florida is better than any win WF has right now. At this point, could care less about any limited success DM has at MD, unless both MD and WF are on the bubble. Regardless of what happens with DM for the rest of his basketball coaching career, he was a disaster at WF. Don't need him to fail at other schools to validate that position.

:confused: Beating VT by 20 away is better than Maryland beating Florida by 2 on a neutral floor.

:confused: Beating VT by 20 away is better than Maryland beating Florida by 2 on a neutral floor.

Yes taking score into account, WF's win was better, but Florida is ranked higher than VT by essentially every metric. Would definitely like to add a win over Florida to WF's NCAA resume.

I’m pretty sure of all the things we have free reign to do on this board, mocking our last two coaches ranks near the top.

Let's check in on the Terps under Mannequin 10 games in.

4-6 in his tenure, 1-6 in conference. Double-digit losses in their last 2 games to Rutgers and Michigan.

Free falling in KP to almost below 100 (the Manning Zone).

Mannequin had 6 ACC road game wins in 6 seasons. WF has 3 so far this season.

Manning was very successful at times in his career. He may be successful later. None of that affects how he did here. Not that it is a one for one comparison, but Jim Caldwell was generally not seen as a successful coach at Wake, but his NFL career after Wake was certainly productive. Doesn't change his record at Wake.

Back