• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Turgeon & Maryland part ways; Danny Manning is interim coach

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score

Last edited:
Did he go all Brewster's Millions with all the cash we gave him? How could he fleece another AD???

I didn't see that coming. Nor did I see Mendenhall leaving. At least defense will be optional for the Terps the rest of the year. Kinda like it was for UVA in football.

If they hired Turgeon, there is no reason why they wouldn't hire Pitino, right?

My dream scenario is for Maryland to inexplicably do well, forcing them to keep Manning before he drives the program firmly into the ground.

Turgeon and Manning old teammates at KU, as I recall. Manning won't be the permanent hire.

Ugh, I’m not in favor of anything that makes Maryland fans happy.

If they hired Turgeon, there is no reason why they wouldn't hire Pitino, right?

I don't see that happening, especially given his age. I'm having a difficult time thinking of someone they can get who would mollify the fan base. Mark Pope maybe? Md@Alaska has a rich hoops history and a great arena, but I don't see this as the right cycle for them to be looking for a superior successor to Turgeon. They could soon find themselves at the bottom of the B1G in both revenue sports.

Wait, Manning wasn't on the staff as an assistant before this, right? Or did I just completely miss that? They just hired him off the streets as the interim head coach? Lol.

Wait, Manning wasn't on the staff as an assistant before this, right? Or did I just completely miss that? They just hired him off the streets as the interim head coach? Lol.

He was on the staff.

Wow, news to me. I've clearly checked out on college basketball.

Merged the two threads fwiw, just to keep discussion in the same place, sorry if it reads a little weird as a result.

Back