Page 1 of 65 1234561151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1287

Thread: Next year’s football team

  1. #1

    Next year’s football team

    Could be better than this year. Starting line returning except for Tom, Nash will be back so 5 starters basically returning. Greene, Perry, Morin as receivers. Hartman QB, lots of good backs returning. On defense, love Holmes and Carson, need Greer to stay healthy. Losing Sciba will be tough but should be really good next year as well.

  2. #2
    On defense, will need to replace the experience of guys like "grampa" Fox. Need faster linebackers to replace those who are moving on.

  3. #3
    Only linebacker we lose is Masterson, thought Smenda played really well yesterday. Jones returns, not sure about Taylor. Hopefully, Hudson takes off as he has all the skills.

  4. #4
    I heard both Nash and Tom will be back

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropates View Post
    I heard both Nash and Tom will be back
    Tom would be crazy to come back he has to be a 1-3 rounder.

  6. #6
    Roberson still hasn’t decided he said

  7. #7
    Defensive line and getting quicker at linebacker will be the key. Our secondary may be the best ever next year.

  8. #8
    If Roberson comes back our WR corps will be unbelievable.

  9. #9
    Don’t see Tom coming back. Roberson too. Love both, but would think it’s time to get paid

  10. #10
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,520
    Roster will be solid next year, and we will be in a position to be very competitive. The thing we need now to take the next step is on the coaches—we have to be able to add something to our offensive scheme to combat the ultra physical defenses in Clemson, Wisconsin, and Pitt that we have been unable to solve for. Absent that, it feels like we have reached the ceiling of what can be expected.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Don’t see Tom coming back. Roberson too. Love both, but would think it’s time to get paid
    Agreed. Can’t imagine that those two would come back but a Perry, Greene, and Roberson starting wide receiver trio might be the best in the country.

  12. #12
    Let's not be naive and assume that everybody's coming back just because they're eligilble. I'm optimistic too but we're going to lose some guys we don't expect to lose.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    Roster will be solid next year, and we will be in a position to be very competitive. The thing we need now to take the next step is on the coaches—we have to be able to add something to our offensive scheme to combat the ultra physical defenses in Clemson, Wisconsin, and Pitt that we have been unable to solve for. Absent that, it feels like we have reached the ceiling of what can be expected.
    Agreed, well said

  14. #14
    Defense will need at least 5 new starters to be better NY.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    Roster will be solid next year, and we will be in a position to be very competitive. The thing we need now to take the next step is on the coaches—we have to be able to add something to our offensive scheme to combat the ultra physical defenses in Clemson, Wisconsin, and Pitt that we have been unable to solve for. Absent that, it feels like we have reached the ceiling of what can be expected.
    Pitt ran a toss sweep. And threw the ball to the 2 massive tight ends.

  16. #16
    I think a starting 11 of Davis, Johns, Williams, Bergen, Garnes, Jones, Snemda, Carson, Holmes, Greer, and Mustafa would be pretty good considering development of those 11 during the off-season, bigger, stronger, faster, etc.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Complacent Deac View Post
    Pitt ran a toss sweep. And threw the ball to the 2 massive tight ends.
    2 things we didn’t do last night.

  18. #18
    Really hope we pick up some D studs from backups at big time schools who see they can hit the field immediately and make a big time impact on our team and whole program. We will see…..

  19. #19
    The team may very well be better but so will our competition. We took advantage of a relatively mediocre schedule this year and only beat one pretty good team (State).

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    I think a starting 11 of Davis, Johns, Williams, Bergen, Garnes, Jones, Snemda, Carson, Holmes, Greer, and Mustafa would be pretty good considering development of those 11 during the off-season, bigger, stronger, faster, etc.
    can’t count on greer playing imo (prob not tyler williams either) and jones probably isn’t good enough to be a starter. landing a starting caliber LB or two from the portal would be huge. and ideally one of the backups will emerge (maybe hazen or hudson)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •