Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1066

Thread: Next years football team

  1. #881
    8.5 wins gotta be one of our highest in history, especially when you factor in the juice on 8.5 is -150. 2008 probably the closest when we were also preseason Top 25 but I doubt we were that high

  2. #882
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,156
    Wake has only had three seasons with more than 8 wins.

  3. #883
    Looks like all of PointsBet's season totals are halves, so they essentially think our win total should be 9 given the heavy juice to the over.

    State 8.5 -130, FSU 7.5 +125 FWIW

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Pointsbet has releases over/under win totals for all 131 FBS teams.

    WF 8.5

    Clemson 10.5
    NC State 8.5
    FSU 7.5
    BC 6.5
    Lville 5.5
    Cuse 4.5

    Pitt 9.5
    Miami 8.5
    UNC 7.5
    UVA 7.5
    VT 5.5
    Duke 3.5
    GT 3.5
    what's the vig on GT because uh... I don't see them getting to three wins much less four. Duke getting to four also seems like a stretch

  5. #885
    Quote Originally Posted by CamLemons View Post
    what's the vig on GT because uh... I don't see them getting to three wins much less four. Duke getting to four also seems like a stretch
    Coastal Chaos?

  6. #886
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    18,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Pointsbet has releases over/under win totals for all 131 FBS teams.

    WF 8.5

    Clemson 10.5
    NC State 8.5
    FSU 7.5
    BC 6.5
    Lville 5.5
    Cuse 4.5

    Pitt 9.5
    Miami 8.5
    UNC 7.5
    UVA 7.5
    VT 5.5
    Duke 3.5
    GT 3.5
    Take the under on Pitt

  7. #887
    The O/Us with the juice

    WF 8.5 O -150 U +125

    Clemson 10.5 -110 each way
    NC State 8.5 O -130 U +110
    FSU 7.5 O +125 U -150
    BC 6.5 O+100 U -120
    Lville 5.5 O -145 U +120
    Cuse 4.5 -110 each way

    Pitt 9.5 ... line has moved 8.5 O-165 U +135
    Miami 8.5 O -125 U+105
    UNC 7.5 -110 each way
    UVA 7.5 O +135 U -165
    VT 5.5 -110 each way
    Duke 3.5 O+135 U-165
    GT 3.5 O-120 U +100

    WF OOC opponent:

    Vandy 2.5 O+135 U-165

    Other teams of interest:

    Notre Dame 9.5 O+135 U-165
    Bama 10.5 O -207 U +170
    UGA 10.5 O-200 U+165
    tOSU `0.5
    Oklahoma 9.5 +125 U-150
    USC 8.5 O -180 U +150

  8. #888
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    The O/Us with the juice

    WF 8.5 O -150 U +125

    NC State 8.5 O -130 U +110
    So slightly more confidence in Wake getting to 9 wins than NC State to 9, which is an interesting sign to me.

    Both teams have pretty terrible OOC schedules: Wake has VMI, Vandy, Liberty, Army and NC State has ECU, Charleston Southern, Texas Tech and UConn. NC State gets to play Wake at home but Clemson on the road, whereas Wake gets Clemson at home and State on the road. Other than that, the only meaningful difference I see is that we get UNC and Duke from the Coastal while they get VT and UNC.

    So we get an easier Coastal game (Duke instead of VT), but they get to play us in Raleigh, which in my mind those two things essentially balance out. All that to say, Pointsbet probably thinks we are a slightly better team than NC State overall.

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    So slightly more confidence in Wake getting to 9 wins than NC State to 9, which is an interesting sign to me.

    Both teams have pretty terrible OOC schedules: Wake has VMI, Vandy, Liberty, Army and NC State has ECU, Charleston Southern, Texas Tech and UConn. NC State gets to play Wake at home but Clemson on the road, whereas Wake gets Clemson at home and State on the road. Other than that, the only meaningful difference I see is that we get UNC and Duke from the Coastal while they get VT and UNC.

    So we get an easier Coastal game (Duke instead of VT), but they get to play us in Raleigh, which in my mind those two things essentially balance out. All that to say, Pointsbet probably thinks we are a slightly better team than NC State overall.
    Like the analysis. Pretty good chance that the winner of the WF @ State games gets to 9+ wins and the loser does not.

  10. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Like the analysis. Pretty good chance that the winner of the WF @ State games gets to 9+ wins and the loser does not.
    Yeah, agreed. Although to add on to my post, NC State plays at UNC while we get them in Winston. They've been a pretty different road vs home team in recent years, so that factors in as well.

  11. #891
    the general respect that wake football has gotten this offseason really is unparalleled. 8.5 over/under. multiple mentions in pretty much everybody's top 15.

  12. #892
    Hopefully, Clawson will continue to capitalize on the team's success and further elevate recruiting and the program. It's an area that Grobe and his staff really seemed to struggle with.

  13. #893
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,156
    We can't understate how important this season is to the long-term success of Wake football. Meet expectations with a 9-10 win season and we gain the trust of college football media to be a 7-8 win program after Hartman leaves and the ACC schedules change with the expectation of getting back to being a perennial 9-10 win team and ACCCG contender.

  14. #894
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Looks like all of PointsBet's season totals are halves, so they essentially think our win total should be 9 given the heavy juice to the over.

    State 8.5 -130, FSU 7.5 +125 FWIW
    That sounds about right. Seeing what we did last year, will again average over 40 ppg and if I had to guess, will be 4-6 ppg better on defense because of the change to Lambert as DC & Adams to DB coach. Non-con schedule is again not hard and will probably be favored in at least 9 if not 10 games.

  15. #895
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    the general respect that wake football has gotten this offseason really is unparalleled. 8.5 over/under. multiple mentions in pretty much everybody's top 15.
    This doesnt really make sense. An 8.5 win team is not a top 15 team. Im thinking those that voted Wake as a top 15 are thinking well win 10-11 games.

  16. #896
    There aren't 15 Power V teams with 9+ win totals. If you know which 15 Power V teams are going 9-3 or better in 2022, bet some win totals and win some cash. FWIW, 9-3 is typically top 15 territory.

  17. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    There aren't 15 Power V teams with 9+ win totals. If you know which 15 Power V teams are going 9-3 or better in 2022, bet some win totals and win some cash. FWIW, 9-3 is typically top 15 territory.
    In last season's final (Jan 10) AP Top 25 poll, only two teams had 9 wins. The rest had 10 wins or more. Only three had 4 losses. The rest had fewer.

    ETA:

    In the final pre playoff, pre-bowl CFP ranking (Dec 5), there were 3 teams with nine wins and one with 8 wins. Highest was 9-3 NCState at #18.
    Last edited by Deaconblue; 05-22-2022 at 03:09 PM.

  18. #898
    Only teams higher than 8.5 on PointBet:

    Clemson
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma

  19. #899
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,156
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Only teams higher than 8.5 on PointBet:

    Clemson
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    No Bama?

  20. #900
    They aren't listed, obviously they would be more than that if they were.

    No non-Power 5 teams either, but other than that I don't see anyone else missing that would be that high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •