• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Who is the fastest player on the team? I don’t think we have a flat out burner like Idlette, Marion, or John Stone. Williams may be our fastest WR but he’s not that level of fast that I’ve seen.

Demond Claiborne will be next year. Ran a 10.6 100m as a junior. That’s 4.3-4.4 combine speed

Looked over the track roster. We don’t appear to have anyone who played football in HS.

Are kids specializing that much?

It's not that long ago that four guys from the football team were the 4x100 m. relay team for Wake. And a very good one.

Demond Claiborne will be next year. Ran a 10.6 100m as a junior. That’s 4.3-4.4 combine speed

Great news. One of the camps clocked his 40 time at 4.36 seconds.

Jet Sweep in the playbook for 22.

Who is the fastest player on the team? I don’t think we have a flat out burner like Idlette, Marion, or John Stone. Williams may be our fastest WR but he’s not that level of fast that I’ve seen.

pretty interesting point i’ve never thought of. new staff really seems to prioritize size or agility but not speed which is very different from the grobe staff who loved bringing on track guys, especially on offense.

Right. But we are consistently recruiting skilled WR with good size, catching ability, and IQ.

I remember Greene catching a quick slant or two from Hartman and just running past defenses. And a 90+ yard kick return I think. Not sure post-injury of course, but prior to the ACL he had to be up there.

That is probably my only possible complaint about the WRs and WR recruiting. I would like to see us take one track guy every 2 years or so just to have that deep speed guy option. Excited about Claiborne to have the home run threat at RB.

The surprise kid from MD (Jamare Glasker) has a 4.4 40 from a camp.

Not sure how the injuries have impacted him, but I recall Greer constantly running down guys in the open field a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately, Greer was having to constantly run down guys in the open field a couple of seasons ago.

Lack of team speed seems to me to be a confirmation of the recruiting class rankings. We are obviously, noticeably slower than Clemson, also NC State, even though our receivers run good routes and have great hands.

Also seems the staff made a concerted effort to bring in more speed with the most recent class.

Really excited for the '22 season.

Offense - Should be great with so much returning. Plus throw Greene and Nash back into the mix.

Defense - Hiring the right DC and getting a couple of contributors from the portal should improve the D.

Special Teams - Need a kicker who can put the ball into the endzone consistently and a threat at kick returner would be nice. Replacing Sciba will be all important.

Schedule - Need to win all four non-conf games (VMI, Vandy, Liberty, Army), all road games are winnable (Dook, F$U, Pups, Looserville), home slate will be tough (BC, Goats, Cuse, Clempson).

Don't see why we shouldn't be able to make a run at the Atlantic Division again.

AT Perry....is he (a) ineligible for the NFL draft; (b) eligible, but announced he's staying; or (c) eligible, but has not yet announced????

AT Perry....is he (a) ineligible for the NFL draft; (b) eligible, but announced he's staying; or (c) eligible, but has not yet announced????

He's a fourth year sophomore like Hartman but haven't heard any indication that he's considering leaving. Probably wise to get a solid draft evaluation before going. He would likely be a 1st rounder next year if he stays.

Last edited:
He's a fourth year sophomore like Hartman but haven't heard any indication that he's considering leaving. Probably wise to get a solid draft evaluation before going. He would likely be a 1st rounder next year if he stays.

Perry should be eligible for NFL draft. This is his fourth season at Wake. 2018 (redshirt) 2019 (r freshman), 2020 (rsoph, but didn'tcount), 2021 (r soph).

He could be a currently unexpected departure to NFL. NFL scouts will look at the two highlight reel plays as added icing on his 1000+yard season. Right now he probably would be a day 2 guy. Another good year in the Higgins Finishing School for Receivers, and he could be day 1 material. Does he stay or does he go?

Back