• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

8.5 wins gotta be one of our highest in history, especially when you factor in the juice on 8.5 is -150. 2008 probably the closest when we were also preseason Top 25 but I doubt we were that high

Wake has only had three seasons with more than 8 wins.

Looks like all of PointsBet's season totals are halves, so they essentially think our win total should be 9 given the heavy juice to the over.

State 8.5 -130, FSU 7.5 +125 FWIW

Pointsbet has releases over/under win totals for all 131 FBS teams.

WF 8.5

Clemson 10.5
NC State 8.5
FSU 7.5
BC 6.5
L’ville 5.5
Cuse 4.5

Pitt 9.5
Miami 8.5
UNC 7.5
UVA 7.5
VT 5.5
Duke 3.5
GT 3.5

what's the vig on GT because uh... I don't see them getting to three wins much less four. Duke getting to four also seems like a stretch

The O/Us with the juice

WF 8.5 O -150 U +125

Clemson 10.5 -110 each way
NC State 8.5 O -130 U +110
FSU 7.5 O +125 U -150
BC 6.5 O+100 U -120
L’ville 5.5 O -145 U +120
Cuse 4.5 -110 each way

Pitt 9.5 ... line has moved 8.5 O-165 U +135
Miami 8.5 O -125 U+105
UNC 7.5 -110 each way
UVA 7.5 O +135 U -165
VT 5.5 -110 each way
Duke 3.5 O+135 U-165
GT 3.5 O-120 U +100

WF OOC opponent:

Vandy 2.5 O+135 U-165

Other teams of interest:

Notre Dame 9.5 O+135 U-165
Bama 10.5 O -207 U +170
UGA 10.5 O-200 U+165
tOSU `0.5
Oklahoma 9.5 +125 U-150
USC 8.5 O -180 U +150

The O/Us with the juice

WF 8.5 O -150 U +125

NC State 8.5 O -130 U +110

So slightly more confidence in Wake getting to 9 wins than NC State to 9, which is an interesting sign to me.

Both teams have pretty terrible OOC schedules: Wake has VMI, Vandy, Liberty, Army and NC State has ECU, Charleston Southern, Texas Tech and UConn. NC State gets to play Wake at home but Clemson on the road, whereas Wake gets Clemson at home and State on the road. Other than that, the only meaningful difference I see is that we get UNC and Duke from the Coastal while they get VT and UNC.

So we get an easier Coastal game (Duke instead of VT), but they get to play us in Raleigh, which in my mind those two things essentially balance out. All that to say, Pointsbet probably thinks we are a slightly better team than NC State overall.

So slightly more confidence in Wake getting to 9 wins than NC State to 9, which is an interesting sign to me.

Both teams have pretty terrible OOC schedules: Wake has VMI, Vandy, Liberty, Army and NC State has ECU, Charleston Southern, Texas Tech and UConn. NC State gets to play Wake at home but Clemson on the road, whereas Wake gets Clemson at home and State on the road. Other than that, the only meaningful difference I see is that we get UNC and Duke from the Coastal while they get VT and UNC.

So we get an easier Coastal game (Duke instead of VT), but they get to play us in Raleigh, which in my mind those two things essentially balance out. All that to say, Pointsbet probably thinks we are a slightly better team than NC State overall.

Like the analysis. Pretty good chance that the winner of the WF @ State games gets to 9+ wins and the loser does not.

Like the analysis. Pretty good chance that the winner of the WF @ State games gets to 9+ wins and the loser does not.

Yeah, agreed. Although to add on to my post, NC State plays at UNC while we get them in Winston. They've been a pretty different road vs home team in recent years, so that factors in as well.

the general respect that wake football has gotten this offseason really is unparalleled. 8.5 over/under. multiple mentions in pretty much everybody's top 15.

Hopefully, Clawson will continue to capitalize on the team's success and further elevate recruiting and the program. It's an area that Grobe and his staff really seemed to struggle with.

We can't understate how important this season is to the long-term success of Wake football. Meet expectations with a 9-10 win season and we gain the trust of college football media to be a 7-8 win program after Hartman leaves and the ACC schedules change with the expectation of getting back to being a perennial 9-10 win team and ACCCG contender.

Looks like all of PointsBet's season totals are halves, so they essentially think our win total should be 9 given the heavy juice to the over.

State 8.5 -130, FSU 7.5 +125 FWIW

That sounds about right. Seeing what we did last year, will again average over 40 ppg and if I had to guess, will be 4-6 ppg better on defense because of the change to Lambert as DC & Adams to DB coach. Non-con schedule is again not hard and will probably be favored in at least 9 if not 10 games.

the general respect that wake football has gotten this offseason really is unparalleled. 8.5 over/under. multiple mentions in pretty much everybody's top 15.

This doesn’t really make sense. An 8.5 win team is not a top 15 team. I’m thinking those that voted Wake as a top 15 are thinking we’ll win 10-11 games.

There aren't 15 Power V teams with 9+ win totals. If you know which 15 Power V teams are going 9-3 or better in 2022, bet some win totals and win some cash. FWIW, 9-3 is typically top 15 territory.

There aren't 15 Power V teams with 9+ win totals. If you know which 15 Power V teams are going 9-3 or better in 2022, bet some win totals and win some cash. FWIW, 9-3 is typically top 15 territory.

In last season's final (Jan 10) AP Top 25 poll, only two teams had 9 wins. The rest had 10 wins or more. Only three had 4 losses. The rest had fewer.

ETA:

In the final pre playoff, pre-bowl CFP ranking (Dec 5), there were 3 teams with nine wins and one with 8 wins. Highest was 9-3 NCState at #18.

Last edited:
Only teams higher than 8.5 on PointBet:

Clemson
Georgia
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma

They aren't listed, obviously they would be more than that if they were.

No non-Power 5 teams either, but other than that I don't see anyone else missing that would be that high

Back