• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

wait, just noticed that in week 3 ACCN has Wofford@VT in an 11 AM slot. I know they won't have all those slots to fill once conference play starts up but holy shit that would suck to have an 11 AM home game.

Man I really wanted to be in Nashville for that Wake / Vandy game but we have a wedding that same day.

On a related note: Noon kickoffs should be banned.

Weddings during football season should also be banned. I’m in one the day of the Liberty game.

A few weeks ago, Packer and Durham had him as the #3 QB in the ACC- behind the guys from NSCU and Miami

I would take him over either of those guys, for sure. How in the hell was Cunningham not in the top 3, and likely 1? Cunningham in our offense would win the Heisman and it might not be close.

Duquesne. Not mad at them. They play at LSU the next week. Then get a bye before at Louisville, BC, Wake, at State, and Clemson. They could realistically start 1-6.

FSU win total is 7.5... Potential bargain on the under? After that stretch FSU still has to play @Miami and Florida among others.

Holy shit. Vegas has a lot of confidence in FSU.

I'm on record as hating the Thursday season opener. I love that opening Saturday and wish Wake was part of it, but we're always playing Presbyterian or Gardner Webb or Tulane or whatever.

I have no idea what logo that is for the team FSU is playing in Week 0 (ugh).

If I had a beach house (which I don't), I'd love the Thursday game for a Labor Day weekend. And if I had a place in the mountains, a 6P kickoff on Friday would work well for a late arrival after the game.
As it is, I'll be back home late that Thursday night and hanging out at the cement pond for Labor Day weekend.

Holy shit. Vegas has a lot of confidence in FSU.

Total is heavily juiced toward the under, so 7 is closer to their "actual" win total.

Still I was surprised they were that high as well given the toughness of the division

Not a fan of the 5:30 kickoff for Liberty, which is Homecoming.

Total is heavily juiced toward the under, so 7 is closer to their "actual" win total.

Still I was surprised they were that high as well given the toughness of the division

That’s still a lot of confidence in FSU. They haven’t won 7 games since 2017.

Shame Wake-Clemson is Week 4 instead of Week 3, probably woulda been a no brainer for ABC primetime. Michigan State-Washington? Woof

Shame Wake-Clemson is Week 4 instead of Week 3, probably woulda been a no brainer for ABC primetime. Michigan State-Washington? Woof

Alliance Game of the Week!

FSU win total is 7.5... Potential bargain on the under? After that stretch FSU still has to play @Miami and Florida among others.

Our win total is 9 and I like it! We are going to again average over 40 ppg and with Lambert & Adams should give up about 5-7 fewer ppg on defense. Last year 10-2 regular season. Will be in same format with same weak non-con schedule.

Our win total is 9 and I like it! We are going to again average over 40 ppg and with Lambert & Adams should give up about 5-7 fewer ppg on defense. Last year 10-2 regular season. Will be in same format with same weak non-con schedule.

tommy-look.gif

It must be said. Clawson has fired two defensive coordinators in his tenure. Is this a product of the wrong people or a flaw in what our offense asks the defense to do. I'm a little uncertain at this time. Clawson has stated with the offense we run its not concerning our defense has no chance of being top rated. I think he believes it just needs to be " a little better". Is he right? I don't know. Food for thought.

I’m not saying it, but a lot of people are saying there are at least 4 QBs better than Sam Hartman in the ACC this year.

I’m not saying it, but a lot of people are saying there are at least 4 QBs better than Sam Hartman in the ACC this year.

A lot of people? The coverage I have seen consistently has Sam top-3, and often #1, going into this season. TBH the guy not getting enough attention is Cunningham IMO.

TVD had a nice debut season, let's see him with a full season with other teams having more tape on him. He is also a statue.

A lot of people? The coverage I have seen consistently has Sam top-3, and often #1, going into this season. TBH the guy not getting enough attention is Cunningham IMO.

TVD had a nice debut season, let's see him with a full season with other teams having more tape on him. He is also a statue.

It really feels as though QB rankings in the ACC this year are mostly a preference/stylistic choice of how you rank the clear cut top 4 guys. It's Leary, Hartman, Cunningham, and Van Dyke in some order, and then it's everyone else.

Back