• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Am I remembering correctly, and weren’t these a joke last year but ESPN treated as gospel to help downplay us and the ACC?

Am I remembering correctly, and weren’t these a joke last year but ESPN treated as gospel to help downplay us and the ACC?

I'm impressed at how bad this is. I wonder how you get these results and think, "yeah, I've got a pretty accurate system."

Sam should be a top 5 QB nationally. O-line a bunch of mature experienced young men. Greene back from injury. Perry should be Perry again. Top duo in the country? Wake offense should put up points.

Couple of nice additions to the D from the portal.If Lambert can get the D to make a few more stops per game, Wake should have a lot of wins.

Sam should be a top 5 QB nationally. O-line a bunch of mature experienced young men. Greene back from injury. Perry should be Perry again. Top duo in the country? Wake offense should put up points.

Couple of nice additions to the D from the portal.If Lambert can get the D to make a few more stops per game, Wake should have a lot of wins.

A few weeks ago, Packer and Durham had him as the #3 QB in the ACC- behind the guys from NSCU and Miami

the “issue” with his system is that based on his described methodology, about 36% of his formula are based on recruiting rankings.

i’m sure that’s not been done arbitrarily, but it does seem intuitively off.

the “issue” with his system is that based on his described methodology, about 36% of his formula are based on recruiting rankings.

I agree that putting a large weight on recruiting rankings is a bad way to predict success of the team in the fall they arrive. Very few recruits play more than a little as true freshmen. Even fewer have significant impact or become major contributors.

That high a factor on freshmen recruits really bumps the few programs who load up on five star guys and really downgrades developmental programs.

Particularly at linemen positions where size and maturity are important. Wake and similar developmental programs get guys who literally need to grow into their roles. 6-5 , 250 freshman grow up and out to became 6-5, 305 mature 21 year old young men. They aren't playable as true freshmen, but become major contributors as rJrs. And they are better than 90% of the freshmen recruits. Who would you rather have? A hotshot freshman with one summer of college preparation or a redshirt junior who has had four summers, three seasons of college football practice work and three years of spring practices?

Right, I would completely understand if you came up with a formula that said Wake's recruiting classes kept them out of the top ten of your formula. If you factor in last years defense, that could possibly keep them out of the top 20. If you look at something like this and see Wake ranked 28th, where FSU is, then you could justify it as reasonable. But 49th?!?! LOL

Cuz they don't want to pay. And we got more smart tv sets.

Disappointed that we are playing Liberty, but at least it's at 5 pm.

We're excited to travel to Nashville for the Vandy game. I suppose noon isn't the worst thing as we'll have plenty of time to explore after the game.

Man I really wanted to be in Nashville for that Wake / Vandy game but we have a wedding that same day.

On a related note: Noon kickoffs should be banned.

Man I really wanted to be in Nashville for that Wake / Vandy game but we have a wedding that same day.

On a related note: Noon kickoffs should be banned.

Nashville is on Central time. So, it's actually an 11 am start... The game will be televised on the SECN.

The VMI and Liberty games will be televised on the ACCN.

Here is the ACC time and TV grid for the first 3 weeks:

image_handler.aspx

Last edited:
Nashville is on Central time. So, it's actually an 11 am start... The game will be televised on the SECN.

That is going to be rough on everyone who spent Friday night at the Honky Tonks on Broadway. Anyways, it will be nice to get our first SEC victory since....the Belk Bowl?

Here is the ACC time and TV grid for the first 3 weeks:

image_handler.aspx

it's kind of odd that Wake plays Thursday of Labor Day Weekend every single year, where most schools play Friday/Saturday and only do Thursday occasionally.

Not sure why more teams don't do it. I think Wake gets to start Fall practice earlier. It gives the team a little time off on the weekend. Fans can enjoy Week 1 in front of the TV or on a trip. It's a good setup.

I'm on record as hating the Thursday season opener. I love that opening Saturday and wish Wake was part of it, but we're always playing Presbyterian or Gardner Webb or Tulane or whatever.

I have no idea what logo that is for the team FSU is playing in Week 0 (ugh).

I'm on record as hating the Thursday season opener. I love that opening Saturday and wish Wake was part of it, but we're always playing Presbyterian or Gardner Webb or Tulane or whatever.

I have no idea what logo that is for the team FSU is playing in Week 0 (ugh).

Had to look it up. Duquesne. Did not know they had a football program.

Duquesne. Not mad at them. They play at LSU the next week. Then get a bye before at Louisville, BC, Wake, at State, and Clemson. They could realistically start 1-6.

Back