• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SOTOGAB

A random 50 year old DJ in the student section?

I still can't believe we actually did that.

Haha agreed!

I will say, our entrance has gotten less exciting over the years. The videos are great, but we need to go back to Hell’s Bells. You can’t just switch up your intro music. Same with bball. Go back to Welcome to the Jungle.

Haha agreed!

I will say, our entrance has gotten less exciting over the years. The videos are great, but we need to go back to Hell’s Bells. You can’t just switch up your intro music. Same with bball. Go back to Welcome to the Jungle.

Agree. And the "open the gate" honorees have gotten less impressive and they do it way before the team comes out.

Agree. And the "open the gate" honorees have gotten less impressive and they do it way before the team comes out.

This. I think they need to bring out the honoree to midfield, do a quick intro, and then have the team come out with their own intro.

The basketball intro now is literally laughable. Nothing compared to what it used to be.

Welcome to the Jungle was released in 1987. It makes me feel old when I hear it.

This. I think they need to bring out the honoree to midfield, do a quick intro, and then have the team come out with their own intro.

Yes. Enough with old people hanging on to the Deacon on the tired Harley. Team only, smoke, massive sparks shooting, and bad ass themes song like Hells Bells/Orion/For Whom the Bell Tolls. The intros to those songs invoke adrenaline.

Last edited:
As far as the band is concerned. I get "small school, small band" but Wake is playing with the big boys and a 70 pc band trying to fill up a stadium with good sounding music is not going to happen. I'd rather cut it from 70 to about 25-30 and have a kick ass drum line and some brass. Basically a glorified Pep-band. Walk around the concourse area and knock out some BA drum beats. Forget the halftime show just get up on the platform the cheerleader stand on and play some lights out stuff. Forget the Showtune and Michael Jackson tribute stuff.

or just some sunny classical music. the Polo Road Pops

As far as the band is concerned. I get "small school, small band" but Wake is playing with the big boys and a 70 pc band trying to fill up a stadium with good sounding music is not going to happen. I'd rather cut it from 70 to about 25-30 and have a kick ass drum line and some brass. Basically a glorified Pep-band. Walk around the concourse area and knock out some BA drum beats. Forget the halftime show just get up on the platform the cheerleader stand on and play some lights out stuff. Forget the Showtune and Michael Jackson tribute stuff.

Here's my post from a few days ago; sounds like you and I have a similar opinion on what a new approach might look like:

Suggestion: until numbers are up significantly, have the band play a tune or two at the beginning of the half on the sideline facing the west stands; no marching or spread out formation ,no plumed hats, and fun tunes to play instead of the same tired "show" every week. Then give them access to a room in Bridger or Pruitt (I think that's the new one behind the east stands) during the remainder of the half and into the 3rd quarter including the buffet, and if 21 y/o two drink tickets. Back in the stands for the 3rd quarter break and remainder of the game.

The basketball intro now is literally laughable. Nothing compared to what it used to be.

All intros are laughable with 10k empty seats. There should be no chicken/egg confusion here...

Bring back the tie dyes.

I don't care if you think they are ugly.

They were unique to WFU.

I loved how the team wore them for warm up.

Suggestion: The promotion folks at Wake need to create a theme(t-shirts,etc) based on Forbes' GGTT(Gritty, Grimmey, Tough, Together). Maybe have the crowd use the chant prior to tip-off, etc. Hell, Forbes may be agreeable to leading a cheer himself.

Bring back the tie dyes.

I don't care if you think they are ugly.

They were unique to WFU.

I loved how the team wore them for warm up.

Unique to WF? We stole the idea from Wisconsin lol

The Clemson pep band is wearing WF shirts and playing Wake's fight song and sheet music in Greensboro for the women's tournament game right now because the Wake pep band is in Winston for men's basketball senior night at 9:00.

Clemson men's senior night is tonight.

Back