• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

"Aww man, gee whiz. We'd love to play ya, Lake Forrest, but I tell ya, too many of my boys aren't feeling so hot so we're gonna go ahead and sit this one out. Y'all still go down to Florida and have a great time!" - Jimbo in a couple of days, probably

That's according to the Gator Bowl. Nothing from Texas A&M.

Right. Sounds to me like they’re trying to calm all the ticket buyers. But I agree that Texas A&M has little to no motivation to go through with this game.

Right. Sounds to me like they’re trying to calm all the ticket buyers. But I agree that Texas A&M has little to no motivation to go through with this game.

I wonder if the Gator Bowl could line-up a replacement?

Of course Vandy is the only SEC school not already in a bowl. But the Big 10 has a couple at 5-7 (Rutgers and Illinois) and Big 12 has TCU and Texas at 5-7. I'd take a game against Texas or TCU over no game at all.

Guys they aren’t putting a different team in a bowl game 8 days from now.

Guys they aren’t putting a different team in a bowl game 8 days from now.

Was just about to post this - Texas and TCU's seasons are over, everyone is home, and they are not bringing kids back to campus during a Covid-19 surge to scramble to play in an exhibition game

Was just about to post this - Texas and TCU's seasons are over, everyone is home, and they are not bringing kids back to campus during a Covid-19 surge to scramble to play in an exhibition game

Texas would be there tomorrow if they knew they were taking A&M's place.

Call the Tarholes and ask them if they want to upgrade to a better bowl for a re-match.

Maybe if another team can’t play their bowl games, they could work out a deal for their opponent to play us. That’s the only way I can to salvage this.

If TAM cancels we better get a damn forfeit win on our record and the trophy.

I was there on the hill in that freezing drizzle with a 101.5 temperature and dual ear infections lol. That was a good day.

7f7c4f679b2337b113177eaf9e47d917.jpg

So we beat them in such a way that makes them seem worst than army. I'm ok with that.

Gator or Peach was next after orange and we shouldn't let an act of God get in the way.

I'd think TV demands the game be played. Lot of ad revenue lost. Would aTm be on the hook for that?

If another bowl game cannot be played, do we go to their bowl or do they go to ours? Dual bowls? How does that work?

I mean there's still 10 days until the game- isn't it a bit early for A&M to beg out at this point? Everyone will be fine by then

I mean there's still 10 days until the game- isn't it a bit early for A&M to beg out at this point? Everyone will be fine by then

I wouldn’t assume that TAMU has a high vaccination rate on their team. They could easily have people that can’t play in 10 days.

I wouldn’t assume that TAMU has a high vaccination rate on their team. They could easily have people that can’t play in 10 days.

Reported that they are at 90%, but who knows how accurate that really is

Back